We live in the Digital Era, where everyone has access to smartphones.
According to a recent survey, the time people spend on smartphones is growing at a very high pace, and they use almost 30 apps every month.
An average smartphone user spends nearly two and a half hours a day using mobile applications.
The overall growth of the digital era is because of the mobile audience. And an element that defines the smartphone or mobile phone users is mobile applications.
According to a survey conducted in 2018, mobile applications will tend to lose their importance by 2020, but currently, we see massive growth in mobile app usage.
Mobile Application or Mobile App is the application software that is designed to run on different mobile devices.
It helps in serving a similar service to users that they may get on PCs. Mobile applications are generally small in size and follow limited functions, which are generally commanded at the time of development.
Smartphones are the best way to find your target audience, so why don’t you take benefit of it? With mobile apps, your brand can enhance their target audience, find their loyal customers, and enhance their revenue.
Most of the innovative brands own their mobile application or mobile app that helps them to connect with their customers, and it is a proven and tested way.
A well-developed application helps in creating brand awareness, collecting the customer’s data, increasing loyalty, enlarging the target audience group, and growing sales.
A large number of brands use their mobile applications as a powerful marketing tool. It maintains a smooth one-to-one interaction between the brand and its customers.
Therefore, it’s not wrong to say that mobile apps humanize brands and allows them to enhance their loyalty among their target audience.
Chapter 1 – Reasons to Have a User-Friendly App for Your Brand:
Technology is ruling the world, and because of this reason, most of the brands are growing at a higher pace.
Nowadays, every brand requires to have a mobile app for rapid business growth, and that’s why the mobile app industry is getting a lot of attention.
According to a report, almost 79% of smartphone users use their phone to search for a brand or their products. They look for the mobile app of any brand, before searching about it on the browser.
However, most of the brands don’t believe that a single app can help in their growth as it requires a considerable investment in the context of time and money.
So before investing in it, focus on the future aspects and the real need, and if you think a mobile application will work for you, then focus on the building of a Consumer application.
Consumer Applications understands the marketing tools and helps in the growth of your brand. Still, if you are looking for the real reasons for building a mobile application, you should read further.
Benefits Of Building A Mobile App
1. Improving The Brand Image:
The image of your brand helps in attracting the potential audience.
By building a mobile application for your brand, you can shape your brand as an innovative and modern industry- who understands their audience.
The audience will be encouraged by your efforts and will turn into your customers as you will give them an option to use their smartphone to access the services of your brand.
2. Building The Business Location Independent:
An all-inclusive Mobile Application will help your business to become location independent.
It will permit your customers, employees, and you to stay connected to people who are away from the brand.
Also, it will increase the number of customers too, as people who are away from your brand will able to know about it.
3. Social Media Platform Activeness:
Most of people access their social media accounts with smartphones.
Each of these brands has their Mobile Applications, and because of it, the users can access different useful features that they may not be able to get on the website.
Such sites remember your passwords and help you to manage complex ecosystems of publishing the real life of the people.
The way Mobile applications help in brand development is genuinely appreciable.
4. New Audience:
The Mobile Development helps in attracting new audiences or customers who are sitting miles away.
Most of the big brands follow this trend and can attract a lot of viewers. As everyone owns a mobile phone in today’s time, they all will have access to the mobile application.
5. Doing Better From Your Competitors:
The mobile applications are prevalent, and most of the small businesses can take advantage of it.
According to a study, almost 63% of companies already own an app or working on it. This is a great way to reach the audience as it works as a marketing tool.
So, own an app for your brand and do better than your competitors.
6. Helps In Improving Sales and Revenue:
According to a survey, the revenue related to mobile apps will reach about $37 billion in 2017.
It’s a considerable amount, and you can be a part of this race by owning an app. Your brand will able to acquire sponsorships and connect with more people.
Most of the customers look into the mobile app to purchase products rather than a website as it is more convenient to access.
Even the computer and mobile web browsers are attracting towards it. Therefore, by owning a Mobile app, you can boost up your sales and revenue.
7. Train Employees & Reinforce Their Dedication:
With the help of a mobile app, the whole training process becomes accessible and engaging.
Your employees will able to connect with your brand in a better way. Training apps will be a combination of videos, images, quizzes, games, and real charts.
Your employees will able to connect with it, and you will be able to have track of their performance.
This will replace most of the expensive and easy to handle tools and make the training process easy.
8. Reinforce Customer Engagement & Communication:
A capable mobile application will manage secure communication between customers and the brand.
For that, you can add some features that will maintain easy communication at any time. It doesn’t include any waiting time, and your customers will able to connect with your brand.
Easy communication will help you to understand your customer base and their experience. This will help you to improve your services and business efficiency. This process includes data collection and customization.
Mobile Applications can access a lot of useful information that you may not able to access by yourself. This information includes email addresses, contact lists, telephone networks used, mobile numbers, and more.
Business intelligence technology like AI will help you to understand your user’s behavior and preferences. The data collection will help you in making your future marketing strategies.
The mobile applications usually come with the push notification buttons, which are more efficient in reaching the audience.
The latter and email marketing are old methods, but they still work. Although most of the customers don’t want to receive emails, and they tend to block you.
Therefore, the Push notification buttons can increase your user engagement rate.
9. Always Follow Your Customers:
The customers are significant for your business, and depending on their reaction towards the product, you can make meaningful changes in your brand. If you have a mobile app, there is no such problem as distancing up.
Your brand will be able to track the customer’s needs, barriers, and other challenges and apply them in innovation.
As most of the customers are mobile phone users, mobile apps have significant potential in today’s tome.
10. Audience Prefers Smartphones:
As the technology is growing at a very high pace, the people prefer mobile phones over laptops as these are easily accessible.
Because of the visible growth in mobile phone users, you can judge that this technology is going nowhere.
Being aware of the importance of mobile apps, you can take advantage of the fact that your competitors are still not updated about it and are following the old methods to reach their audience.
11. Showcase Brand & Services:
The mobile apps are the best way to display your brand to users and allow them to explore it. It makes the whole purchasing process convenient for your target audience.
A mobile app will simplify the whole shopping experience and display your services in a user-friendly manner.
Just make sure to update your mobile app regularly and launch the products that are easily understandable by the users. It will help in enhancing the sales and revenue of your services.
12. Facilitating the Appointments with Potential Clients:
Another reason to own a mobile application is that it will work as an e-brochure for your mobile salesperson.
They will be able to showcase the product directly to the audience and its give its information clearly.
If audience finds the product appealing, they will contact you, without any other hassle.
13. Maintaining the Customer’s Loyalty:
A user-friendly mobile application will help you in strengthening up the customer’s loyalty. It is a useful tool for promotional actions as they will count you as a new brand that understands their user’s behavior.
From time to time, you can offer several event invitations, concert invitations, and discount coupons to strengthen your bond with your target customers.
14. Visibility of Your Company to Reach New Customers:
In many cases, the old method of word-of-mouth is beneficial and can be easily implemented.
It will help your customers to share a single app network and connect with you. This will help your brand to gain uncertain visibility and attract new customers after some time.
Also, in the case of web applications, a site will be able to optimize with your mobile phone and will allow more people to find your brand with the help of a single keyword.
SEO plays a vital role in this method. This technique is very beneficial for start-ups who are looking for visibility for their brand.
The Mobile Applications doesn’t represent any limitations, although it can be downloaded by customers who are sitting in any part of the world.
It will spread brand awareness, build a better product catalog, and upgrade in a few seconds. There is no need to cover a vast amount of printing.
This also simplifies to track the order and keep a report of the user’s details.
The users can access the app even when they are away from the internet connection and resynchronize as soon as they open their internet. And most importantly, it will help you to get ahead of your competitors.
Chapter 2 – Key Challenges That a Brand Face While Developing a Mobile App:
The Mobile App World is growing at a very high pace as most of the brands are focusing on mobile app development.
Either they already have a potential mobile app for their brand or are planning to have the one for the potential growth.
However, it’s hard to deny that most of the brands face some massive challenges while developing a user-friendly mobile app for their brand. And understanding the challenges will help them to find strategic solutions for the same.
In this chapter, we are going to highlight some problems that a brand face during Mobile app development.
In the past few years, millions of mobile applications have been submitted to the biggest App stores, i.e., Apple store and Android store. This helps you to judge how important a mobile app is for your brand growth.
Almost half of the global start-ups build a mobile app for their brand. However, it depends on the platform on which you want your app to be.
The Apple policies are quite tough as compared to Android stores. But in the end, it depends on the business owner and his point of view.
To overcome the challenges, a lot of research is required. If you already know about the outcomes, you will be able to develop a successful, clear, and focused mobile app.
Most Common Challenges During The Mobile App Development
1. Creating a Noticeable Application:
There is a massive competition in the mobile application market, and many times, some applications have to build the same user-friendly functions like social media applications and shopping applications for their brand.
Therefore, the pressure of creating something noticeable using the corresponding features becomes quite necessary.
After gaining the attention of your target audience, it proves that your application is better than others.
As per the users, you will be able to acquire more samples and data as it will help in making further innovative changes. The requirement of the target audience plays a significant role
Ways to Build a Noticeable Mobile Application:
A. Authenticate Your Idea:
The authentication of your idea will help you to identify the main problem that your application is focusing on or look after the significant functions.
B. Knowing The Market & Target Audience:
It’s essential to get a valid answer to some critical questions: Is there any market for your business? Which is the right spot for your Application? Who is your correct target audience?
Getting an appropriate answer to the following will help you to know the right market and target audience for your brand and its services. This will help you to have a purpose and make suitable strategies for the same.
C. Know Your Competition:
Every brand has its competition, and they always want to become better than them. So, whenever you want a noticeable app, it’s better to research in the best way.
Building a better app for your brand will automatically solve the problem. You will be able to make a better image because you already know your competitors.
2. Follow the Development of Apple or Android:
Before the development of your mobile application, always remember to identify the real playground for it. It is the place where your application will run and perform.
To know the same, it is essential to stay updated with the related trends and news. Users have many devices with different OS versions, and they prefer the most convenient one.
Android and iOS, there are many different versions of OS that impact the features of the applications. Therefore, focusing on the OS is very important. Android and iOS work on a pattern and objective, so focus on their every aspect.
The Device version is also as important as the OS version. Each device is of different types and follows different pixels, setting, performance, size, and screen.
If you are only designing for the latest devices, then you are not doing it right. So always focus on developing the app for as many devices as possible.
The Best Way to Deal with This Challenge:
The marked testing phase helps to decide the best OS for your mobile application. You can release the beta version and test it according to the OS features.
Just make sure to make a responsive Application and check it on different devices and screen sizes.
3. Build a Mobile Application with Better User Interface:
When a mobile application is easy and straightforward to use, it means that it is a better application.
Every Application works for the users, and if they are not getting a good experience on it, the app is not designed in the best way. And it is all related to the UI/UX design.
A mobile app with good UI/UX means that the app is simple, clear, and exciting to use, and users get the freedom to use the app without any confusion.
To build such an app, it’s essential to research, as every UI/UX works on the base of the data, and they don’t involve any feeling or logic.
The best UI/UX designers know the basics of designing an application in the best way. They will keep it clear and straightforward.
4. Clean Architecture Matters:
As a mobile application developer, it is essential to develop a good and clean architecture of an application. This is all about developing an application that is free of bugs and errors.
When new people join your application, they must easily understand its flow.
Also, an application following a good architecture will decide its overall performance as you will be able to place all the codes in the appropriated place.
At last, there are so many architecture options, so choose the best according to your application’s type.
5. User Comments and Feedback Plays a Vital Role:
The collected data and analytics help you to identify the real needs of your customers. But don’t you wish to get a straight answer from your customers?
In that case, the feedback and comments can help you the most. It helps you to understand “WHY’s” behind any problem.
Why people are preferring a single feature and ignoring others? Why are customers not creating an account on your application? Why are customers not using your product frequently?
When you will follow the customer’s feedback and relate it with the problem, you’ll get a clear picture of the solution. It will help in fixing the problem and focus on the right opportunity.
Many times, people give such feedbacks that they may make you feel upset. But this is a chance for you to answer them with an appropriate solution.
Answering their feedbacks without any development is useless. Your customers will tell you what they want, but you have to find the proper thing and start working on it.
“If you can keep your customer’s priority on the top, you’ll be able to build a successful brand application.”
6. Customer Retention:
Customer retention is related to the customer’s behavior when they use the application for the first time.
If customers get a good impression from your application, there are more chances that they will return to your application again.
The Retention Rate is the ratio of the number of retained customers who are at risk. This rate helps in identifying loyal customers, who are willing to help in your brand’s growth.
By having some tactics in your application, like In-App messaging, A/B testing, personalization, Push Notification, etc., you can improve its retention rate.
Also, this can help you to make a comeback in the market.
7. Marketing, Promotion, and Branding:
The Application is nothing if you are not focusing on its marketing, promotion, and branding. Although most of the brands ignore these aspects in their application, these are not ignorable.
There are several challenges that brands have to face during the development of applications. But when they focus on marketing, they will ab able to solve most of the problems.
If your application does not get enough promotion and marketing, it will become a failure as people will not pay any attention and won’t use it.
Therefore, for a successful application, always build the right strategies to fit in the market.
Another common challenge that a brand face while building their application is MONEY. For a better application, it is essential to have fair ideas of the overall cost.
Another common challenge that a brand face while building their application is MONEY. For a better application, it is essential to have fair ideas of the overall cost.
The extensive market research of the app developer can help you to save more. The quality matters, so not just focus on a mobile application, focus on its success. Fund will help in overcoming all kinds of future challenges.
Facing the barriers in the mobile application market is standard, as there are so many competitors.
Overcoming all the challenges is essential for you as it will make you a good business decision-maker.
You need to overcome all obstacles. It will help in the growth of your brand and business. When you overcome all the problems, your application will regain its lost popularity.
Build your priority list and know “what to do” and “what not to do.”
Chapter 3 – Points to Consider While Developing a Mobile App for Your Business:
Smart Phones have turned out to be a vital tool for all kinds of businesses. It has upgraded to a vast extent, and most of the industries are focusing on it for innovation.
Because of this reason, the developers are focusing on the development of innovative, user-friendly, and troublesome applications.
The Mobile Applications are preferred by most of the brands, to maximize the reach and improve user engagement.
The most effective way to increase your business is by connecting with your target audience. A smartphone is the best way to increase customer acquisition and interaction.
Smartphones and mobile applications help in increasing the business and improving the brand image.
In today’s time, the number of mobile users is growing, and that’s why it is essential to follow some effective mobile strategies.
In this lesson, we are going to highlight some points which every brand should remember before developing an Application for their brand.
1. Platform Selection:
The brand develops a mobile application to connect with more audiences. And in this, the platform plays a vital role.
But before that, you have to focus on some essential factors like targeting country, age group, type of business, and more.
The mobile app developers have to choose between iOS and Android.
Also, before developing any mobile application, decide the number of platforms on which you want to launch it
However, it’s always better to be a master of a single platform and then start it on others.
When you have decided on the best-suited platform for your mobile application, always keep the following things in mind: target audience, features, app brand, and pricing.
Once you are done with it, you can move forward and decide the development methodology for your mobile app. The Native, Hybrid, and cross-platform are the most preferred ones.
2. Native or Hybrid or Cross-platform Apps:
All the apps have their specifications and features. So, always decide according to your brand and its requirement.
The Native Apps are the kind of mobile applications that focus on a specific mobile operating system. Swift is usually used for iOS, and Java is used for Android development.
However, the apps developed on Native are for particular platforms, and that’s why they take advantage of advanced operating system features.
According to your requirements, you can use the device-specific hardware, software, and other latest technologies on Native Apps.
Hybrid Apps are a combination of native and cross-platform apps. It is a platform where an app can be developed for different operating systems like Windows, Android, iOS, and other essential platforms. You have to do coding for one time, and it will set up everywhere.
Cross-Platform Apps are different from Hybrid apps, but they both follow the code share-ability. The cross-platform development approach supports the general native rendering engine. The overall codebase connects with the native components through bridges.
These apps are free of platform boundaries and offer seamless functionality, cost-effective, and implementable production. However, customization is still an issue in cross-platform apps.
All of these have their pros and cons. So while choosing between these three, focus on your preferences and priorities. Choosing according to your needs will help you to build the best application for your brand.
3. Backend Development:
Backend development is as important as the frontend development. It is essential to choose before the development of an app. Most of the popular apps follow the Application Program Interface.
However, it is not necessary to develop all the apps using the custom backend as they work on mobile phones using the Application Program Interface.
The API driven apps don’t require any bulky backend support and you can handle them using the local database.
According to a mobile application developer, analyzing the backend of an app, and keeping other aspects like cost and time in mind can help in better decision making.
4. Mobile Systematics:
Systematics of an Application is an integral part of further technological innovation. You need such tools to identify the way of working. And when we talk about mobility, systematics helps in every sense.
So if you want to implement systematics in your mobile application, always remember that it should be designed as per the business goal and help in understanding and enhancing the performance.
The Mobile Systematics Data can be stored and utilized for better user engagement and interface. It will strengthen the user experience and modify the functionalities.
However, before implementing systematics, be clear about data tracking and storing. The right planning will help you in the development phase.
When you can track the Mobile systematics, it will become very simple to track the user interface.
5. UI/UX Designing:
If you are designing an application for your brand, always remember that it should focus on the UI/UX.
Ignoring these elements before app development can lead your entire app to a failure. It holds a very important role as one of those factors that help in deciding the prospects of an app.
Before working on your app, it’s essential to know the difference between UI and UX. UI stands for the interface of your design, and UX stands for the user experience.
It’s critical to create a balance between both. These are the vital parts of a brand app development because if an app is not user-friendly, the users will not prefer to use it again.
The UX is a crucial feature of an App as it defines how users will feel and think about your brand. It helps in designing something accessible, useful, and valuable for your target audience. Just remember to make your app less confusing and complicated.
A well-developed mobile application helps in providing better user experience and benefits. The whole working should concentrate on delivering the app to the target audience and grab their attention.
6. Target Audience:
For a successful mobile application, it is essential to identify your real users. The obvious points like country, age group, occupation, interest, and gender play a vital role while designing an app.
For example, the shopping apps require more illustrations and less content as it helps the audience to connect with the app.
Even if your app is full of amazing features, the long-term success will depend on the user experience. And for that, identifying the real users helps.
If you will be able to meet the audience’s expectations, your app will automatically become popular and will able to earn a profit.
7. Competitor App Analysis:
Whenever you are designing the app for your brand, always remember to examine your competitors.
Try to follow similar apps as it is tried and tested and will help you to attract users. Also, it will help you to know what the actual needs of your customers are.
When you analyze your competitor’s app, you will be able to apply the missing features and play with the better versions.
In the IT world, you can find thousands of app, and you must pick the top 10 apps of your competitors and develop an app better than them.
Knowing your competitors will help you to plan everything systematically. This will improve every aspect of development.
8. Development Methodology:
Whenever you are developing an app for your brand, you can choose to follow specific methods and models. And the overall development depends on the quality and quantity of data that you have in starting.
Out of all the methods, the agile way of development, and the waterfall method of development are the most common ones.
The Agile approach is followed when you have the overall idea about the actual needs. It involves several repetitions before reaching the end product. The Waterfall Method is developed when you are clear about your requirements.
The Agile approach is followed when you have the overall idea about the actual needs. It involves several repetitions before reaching the end product. The Waterfall Method is developed when you are clear about your requirements.
Every platform supports particular features, and if you are unable to apply the same, you will unintentionally put a negative impact on your target audience.
9. Size and Screen Density:
The mobile application should be perfect for every device, as no two methods are the same.
All the mobile phone brands launch their phones in different screen sizes, and it becomes essential to fit the application into every screen.
All the mobile phone brands launch their phones in different screen sizes, and it becomes essential to fit the application into every screen.
The screen density and size will determine the overall look of an app. Also, the app may have a freezing look at a certain resolution range while it looks better on others.
Even the text size will vary in this case. Therefore, keep this aspect in mind. The most common screen sizes are 1280×720, 1920×1080 and 1200×768.
In the current scenario, almost everyone owns a smartphone, and they use it to find the best mobile application for them. This is because a smartphone is a dummy if it doesn’t have many applications.
As compared to PCs, the number of mobile devices or smartphones are very high. Almost 71% of people spend actual time on mobile apps, and 83% of them use these apps for making bookings, payments, and purchases.
This proves that the Mobile applications are coming out as a crucial tool for brand development and reach.
There are huge market potential and growth opportunities. So whenever you want to develop a mobile application for your brand, make sure to keep these things in your mind.
Chapter 4 – Hybrid Mobile App vs Native Mobile App vs Cross-Platform Mobile App:
Mobile Application is something that simplifies the work with the help of a few clicks on mobile.
It is a computer generating program or software application that is built to run on different devices like tablets, iPhones, and Android mobiles.
Mobile Applications have changed our working to a large extent, and it’s hard to imagine our lives without them.
However, when you are developing a mobile application for your brand, it becomes hard for you to decide which type is the best. In this lesson, we are going to discuss the same.
Are you planning to develop a Mobile Application for your brand? If yes, and you don’t have any technological knowledge, you may face challenges while deciding the type of mobile application.
The success of any Mobile application depends on its technical details, design, branding, marketing, and business needs.
However, if you are not able to decide the right type for your mobile app, it may ruin your whole idea and project.
So here are three popular types of Mobile Apps, with their advantages and limitations, which will help you to understand and select in a better way.
1. Hybrid Mobile Application:
The hybrid Mobile Application can work on both smartphones and the web. They install like a native app and feel like a Web App.
If you want your app to work on both mobile devices and web browsers, choose the hybrid approach. It will work on the content, structure, and customer behavior.
Also, they will blend the web elements with mobile elements and create a codebase using the best technologies.
The codes used while developing hybrid apps can help you to save time and money as the same code can be used for different platforms.
Although the functionality and feel are very similar to native apps that you will unable to find the difference.
This is an evolving approach, and in the future, almost every app will be developed using this approach.
- Hybrid apps follow the single code base and cross-platform support.
- It is fast and cost-effective.
- It can be marketed in the app store or work offline.
- The updates are easy and faster.
- Hybrid apps can work on any platform with many most of the essential features like camera, APIs, access storage, and more.
- In most cases, it is less responsive to browsers.
- Less Attention paid on user experience.
- Sometimes, it also depends on the third-party platform.
2. Native Mobile Application:
Native Mobile Applications are prevalent. It means developing the apps that will fit one platform only. The platform-specific tools and APIs are used in them.
For Android, the Android Native Development Kit is used, which follows Java or Kotlin. While for iOS, Xcode is used, which tracks the Objective-C, Swift, or C++ programming language.
Native Approach has a better storing system and involves better OS features. That’s why it offers a better user experience and functionality.
However, if you want to develop a native app for iOS, Windows, and Android, you have to create different apps for each. All of these are easy to access, but the development process is comparatively long.
- Better user experience with speed and responsiveness.
- Accessible and useful features.
- Stable and can work offline.
- Easy coding and less hardware involvement.
- Different Coding for different platforms.
- It is comparatively expensive.
- There is no Cross-platform support.
- When you want to upload your app to the Apple store, you will require prior approvals.
- It will require timely maintenance and updates.
3. Cross-Platform Application:
Many people confuse Cross-platform applications with Hybrid applications, but in reality, these are not the same.
The only feature they have in common is code sharing. They allow you to speed up the whole developing process.
Cross-Platform Development involves a native rendering engine. And the whole codebase helps in connecting the native components with bridges. This provides a better user experience and is easily functioned on every platform.
These applications involve better functionality, cost-effective development, and easy implementation of the plan.
However, it may not offer you better performance as it is limited to the framework that the developer will use.
- Cross-platform apps develop in no time.
- It is cost-effective.
- It will reach a broader audience.
- You can update it whenever you want to.
- There are noticeable performance issues.
- User experience is also a challenge.
- It may give a non-native feel.
Choosing between these three depends on your requirements. However, it’s essential to focus on your budget, time to market, market coverage and app performance, UX/UI, and functionality in your mind.
Now the question comes, why choosing is essential? So here are a few reasons for that:
- Every brand owner has a core purpose for developing an app. Therefore, don’t forget to focus on that. Always keep the target audience and features in mind.
- The development cost depends on the type of app you choose. It’s hard to take a demo and then decide which one is perfect for you. So you must select it at the beginning stage and set your budget accordingly.
- The app development stage is not just about its creation; however, it requires long-term dedication. So always focus on the maintenance, updates, and future scales.
Therefore, making the right choice will help you to align your resources systematically.
Chapter 5 – Key Features of a Successful Brand Mobile App:
People are spending more and more time on their mobile devices as it is becoming sophisticated and we can do a lot using it.
But do you know, the time we spend on mobile devices depends on mobile applications? Yes!
That’s why it’s time to grow your business using a mobile app. It will help a brand to engage with their customers.
To create an actual mobile application that will attract customers, it’s essential to include the key features in it.
There are many features related to a successful mobile app, but keeping yourself upgrading will help you the most.
However, here are the main features that will help you to build a successful application for your brand:
1. Simple Navigation:
The simple design of a mobile app helps in retaining customers. It makes it easier for them to browse.
Most of the time, your target audience or customers look for the features that make it easier for them to stand in the crowd.
A mobile application that will ask and respond to the customer’s needs will make the whole thing easier.
Simple navigation will also help in the success of a mobile application as nobody looks for something difficult to understand.
So always remember to make everything organized to enhance the user experience and success rate.
2. Mobile Application Reviews & Ratings:
Whenever you are developing a mobile application for your target audience, don’t forget to research correctly.
When you design a better app, it will automatically get positive reviews on it.
Reviews are the reason why customers decide to download your application. They always research about the brand or services and then choose it.
Also, the rating plays a significant part in it as it will convince customers that they are investing their time and money in a better place.
Therefore, displaying reviews and ratings on your app will work as a better app feature.
3. Order Tracking:
The order tracking helps you to control your logistics. Also, it helps your customers to know the estimated delivery date and their order status.
Customers prefer to know everything in advance than getting surprises.
It will help you to send urgent alerts and deliver the product as per the customer’s requirements. Including this feature will help in the success of an app.
4. Payment Options:
Customers never make payments if they are not sure about the brand. Therefore, it’s always better to include multiple secure payment options in your mobile app.
It is one of the noticeable features that helps in maintaining the application’s security.
To ensure the secure payment on your application, it is essential to look after the overall security.
It will make the shopping process more comfortable for the customers, and they will be able to rely on your app.
Whenever a customer wants to avail your service, they always focus on the benefits.
‘Couple Code’ feature will work correctly in this case and surpass sales. Also, it may help you to avail of new customers without losing your money.
Offering the Coupon Codes, in the beginning, will help you to communicate with your customers and convince them to make a purchase.
Your customers will think that you are concerned about their requirements.
6. Push Notifications:
It’s hard to design a mobile application without push notifications.
As a successful mobile app works on its daily updates and promotions, it becomes essential to keep your customers updated about them. In this case, the push notifications will help.
This feature is a must-have as it reminders the buyers to take action. Therefore, it will enhance the brand consistency.
Whenever you are using push notifications to send some messages, make sure to use deep links. It will take them to the products menu.
This will work as an essential marketing strategy. Use the push notification feature to keep your customers updated.
The Success of the Mobile App depends on its updates and newness. Voice Search is one such new feature that helps in the mobile App’s success.
AR is very much in trend, and that’s why most of the customers prefer voice search options. It is trending in the selling and marketing sectors.
This technology will help your customers to search verbally rather than typing it in the search box.
8. Web Store Sync:
The Web store is a feature that will help in increasing the mobile app’s success rate.
It will help you to save time and effort that someone will spend on mutually doing a task. Also, it will decrease human error and automates the whole process.
With this feature, the chances of duplication will decrease by itself as there will be no need to work manually.
A user-friendly website and a great app together will increase the rate of success.
9. Chat Services:
Nowadays, most of the customers shop when they are sure about their query. And in that case, the Chat services will allow you to provide an immediate answer to visitors.
It is cost-effective and helps you to reduce cart abandonment cases. Chat Software automatically streams data and helps in better communication with customers.
It will indirectly help in increasing sales rates as your customers will get help in no time. Also, it will be helpful for someone who has forgotten their passwords.
Whenever you are using this feature in your app, don’t forget to offer post-chat feedback forms to your customers as it will help you to improve.
10. Social Logins:
Social Logins is one of the most crucial features as it helps your users to log on to a platform.
A single sign-in process will prove your app’s traffic as your customer will no longer have to enter the password for various times.
This feature cuts down the lengthy process registrations and makes everything easy. This will help your app to work better than your competitors.
11. Shipping Methods:
Providing more shipping methods will help your customers will ensure a larger coverage area. It will help your customers to choose according to your convenience.
Also, make sure to choose a trust-worthy delivery partner. In that case, the size, type, and weight of the product play a vital role.
The rate of shipment depends on the international and domestic delivery, so decide the pricing accordingly. Adding this feature will give more choices to your customers.
When you design an application for your brand, you always focus on sales and returns. And when you are not getting enough customers on your app, it will fail.
So one of the better features that will convert your visitors into customers is Wishlist.
The wishlist helps your customers to return on your app. It is like a storage bag that stores the products that someone wants to purchase after some time.
It is just like shortlisting the products and allowing your customers to buy them later. Also, this will eliminate the process of finding something again.
Therefore, this can also be a successful feature for your app. It will help you to send the relevant offers and coupons, and your customers will feel comfortable about your brand.
13. Multilanguage Support:
One of the most cost-effective marketing tools is multiple language options. It will help you to connect with new users that may understand another language.
In contrast, it will help you to build a better relationship with your previous customers.
The people who don’t speak English will feel convenient while using your app.
It will make the communication process easier by working on the concept of globalization and localization.
14. Simplifying The Checkout Process:
A simple checkout will help in the success of your mobile application. Checkouts will become simpler when it follows a clear sign and process.
So whenever you want to understand the perfect checkout time, always imagine yourself in the customer’s place. Then reduce the time accordingly.
The app that follows fewer steps and has fewer buttons is the best. This will not allow customers to hold their money.
15. All Device Support:
Whenever you are developing an app for your brand, don’t forget to establish it for every device. It will help in getting the customer’s attention.
Also, it will give them the freedom to choose when and how they want to use an app. So it’s better to have your app supported by multiple devices.
The Success Rate of a Mobile App can easily be maintained by adding and removing specific features from it.
As it is costlier to acquire new customers than to retain them, you must include the better and useful features in your app. It will make your mobile app different from others.
The easier process will attract more customers and clients. Just make sure to decide the feature according to the customer’s needs.
Combining all essential features to your mobile application will increase the success rates.
Now you are all set to add the most appropriate features and launch a successful mobile app for your brand.
Chapter 6 – Importance of UI/UX Design in a Successful Mobile App:
When we talk about the Competitive app market, it becomes essential to have a successful mobile app. And for that, you have to focus on its look and feel.
Most of the app users look for appealing apps- something that is engaging and has efficient UX and UI. The UX stands for user experience, and UI stands for User Interface.
A better UX and UI of an app decides its success by attracting more users and making a lasting impact. Therefore, it’s vital to pay attention to these elements.
UI focuses on the appearance of an application and define the easy interaction. The app design, graphics, and presentation come under UI (User Interface).
UX helps in making a positive impact on human feelings, emotions, preferences, and perceptions related to an app.
A usable and straightforward app will define the overall user experience. To design a better UX, it’s essential to research correctly and focus on your target audience.
Reasons to Add UI/UX Design in Your Mobile App:
- To Enhance Your Customer’s Satisfaction:Better design helps in easy navigation that makes customers satisfied. When someone gets satisfied with your application, they will recommend it further.
- Help in Deciding the Target Audience:Before inserting the UI/UX design in your mobile app, try to understand your visitors and competitors. It will help you to decide your target audience, and UI/UX will make it easy to convert them into prospective customers.
- Building Your Brand’s Image: The UI/UX will build your brand by increasing the customer’s satisfaction level. People usually connect with a brand that makes them happy. So this feature will increase your brand’s credibility and build a better relationship with the audience.
- Helps In Saving Time and Money:The UI/UX design will decrease the problems related to your mobile application. A perfect application will not require constant updates, and eventually, you can save your money and time.
Mobile users seek for easiness and engagement. And that’s why most of the mobile applications offer them users with seamless navigation and attractive interface.
Therefore, it’s hard to ignore UI/UX feature in your application as it maintains attractiveness, appeal, and user-friendliness.
The better interface will make everything look realistic and maintain the overall flow. It will attract more traffic and boost future conversion rates. So, don’t forget these features while developing an app for your brand.
Characteristics of UI/UX Designs in Mobile Application:
1. Retaining Consistency:
The layout of an app should always remain consistent as it increases user familiarity. The UI/UX design will help in maintaining uniformity and user interaction.
2. Follows a Simple Design:
Keeping everything simple will help in enhancing the user’s interaction, usability, and loyalty.
A cluttered app will make the navigation process difficult. UI/UX helps in developing a simple app that will allow straightforward navigation.
3. Fastening The Loading Process:
The speed of an app plays a significant role in defining its user retention speed. UI/UX will help you in this case and shorten up the loading speed.
4. Use Standard Elements:
The UI/UX uses standard elements like symbols, colors, icons, and buttons to increase the user’s confidence. It will make your app understandable and fulfill the user’s expectations.
5. More Interactive:
The Apps that have these features are more interactive and easy to navigate. The color, locations, icons, and layout plays a vital role in it, so maintain asymmetry. Also, make sure to follow the same color scheme in your brand as it will attract more users.
6. Use Larger Formats & Videos:
To prevent distractions from the app and to enable concentration, UI/UX is used. It ensures usability and engagement.
7. Use of High-Resolution Visuals:
The UI/UX helps you to insert as many visuals in an app by ensuring its layout and high-resolution.
8. Use Fewer Fonts:
UI/UX allows you to use only 3 font sizes and styles to maintain a better application alignment. It will make your app look sleek and straightforward.
9. Focus on Target Audience:
The UI/UX helps in creating a positive first impression. It will work on the target audience and work on satisfying their needs.
10. Follows Adaptive UI Design:
The adaptive design helps in making a perfect plan for every device. The Adaptive UI help users to choose according to their convenience and need.
11. Offers User Assistance and Help:
Most of the users search for assistance while using an app. Therefore, UI/UX allows you to add this function in your app and solve the problem of the user. Also, it will enhance the navigation process.
12. Feedback and Response Time:
The Feedback helps you to know your positives and negatives. Having this feature in your mobile app will help you to improve accordingly.
Response Time will help you identify the time the user spends on your app and where and why they left your app. This will make the whole development and upgradation process easier.
13. Forgive Interphase:
Most of the users make mistakes while using an app as they are exploring something new.
Therefore, UI/UX will give an option of Forgive Interphase that will save their time. The Undo icon works well in this case as it allows them to return to the old stage.
The UI/UX design of a mobile app is an essential aspect as it helps in successfully and fluent working. It’s just; you have to find the best features for it. And the only way to do so is by identifying your target audience and their requirements. So don’t ignore it!
Chapter 7 – In-House Mobile App Development V/s Outsourcing Mobile App Development:
Whenever you are building a mobile application for your mobile phone, it becomes quite challenging to choose its building or developing type.
There are two major types of developing options: Outsourcing App development and in-house development.
So many developers and brands face a dilemma while choosing between these two types of developments as both have their pros and cons. It’s just; you have to look for the best according to your app.
Nowadays, every brand or business faces pressure while growing to the next level. And in that case, a well-developed app can help them the most.
In this lesson, we are going to talk about in-house development and outsourcing development so that you can make a better choice.
IN-HOUSE MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT:
Many companies believe that the best way to build a mobile app for their brand is to make them in their company itself. It is savvy and controllable for them, and they can take care of all the development related operations.
However, this option is the best for well-established companies, but it can’t be done if they don’t follow a long-term strategy.
The In-house team is the core of the companies that follow this development type. If you want to grow in the IT world, you have to work as a real gem.
Companies that follow in-house development are: Amazon, Salesforce, PayPal, and many more.
- Fits the Company’s Culture: The companies that follow in-house development have their in-house developers. This allows them to pay more attention to the project and get the best results. The in-house developers understand the company’s culture and develop something accordingly.
- Face-to-Face Interaction: The same working hours and being in the office helps in easy communication as it maintains comfort and clarity. The direct communication solves most of the problems.
- Changes are Quick: The in-house development is a faster process as you can make easy changes based on features and layout. Also, an in-house developer can handle the bugs easily.
- High Cost: Every company faces price-related problems, and definitely, an in-house development process will be more expensive. It will include software, hardware, rent, taxes, and more. Also, a company has to take care of other things like sick days, benefits, and training for the developer. So it’s not cost-efficient.
- Staff Turnover: An experienced developer would require a quiet place to work efficiently. And the demand for proficient developers is also high, and a company tries to offer a better working place. However, if the company fails to fulfill all the requirements, there are chances they may lose developers. It is a time-consuming process.
- Lack of Tech Talents: The IT sector demands a lot from IT experts. Therefore, it’s tough to hire the right person for a specific job. He must have soft and hard skills and fit in the company’s budget. The competition is more, and that’s why the hiring process becomes tough.
OUTSOURCING MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT:
Outsourcing Mobile App development is an excellent solution for someone who wants to create a great app at a reasonable price.
It can be profitable for a brand, and that’s why most of them are opting for this option.
This development method will save your time, and you don’t have to hire an in-house team for the same.
There is no need to plan a project in advance and offer it to the developer. Here, you have to provide the work whenever you have the one.
Outsourcing development requires further preparation to be comfortable and profitable- checking the rates, understanding the working style, protecting the data, and checking the transparency. It will help you to have a better app without any hassle.
Companies that follow Outsourcing development: Alibaba, Google, Skype, GitHub, and many more.
- Cost Flexible: Most of the outsourcing companies or developers charge lesser prices. And when someone wants to develop an app for their brand, money matters the most. Most of the countries offer this service, but the US and Europe are ranked on the top of this list. It is a short term deal, and that’s why a company don’t have to pay as much as they pay their employees.
- Huge Talent Pools: As we live in the market of outsourcing, a large number of specialists are available in the market. This makes the hiring process very easy, and you can even consider professionals from other parts of the world with different skill sets.
- Scalability and Faster Delivery: There is no need to outsource developers for a longer time as they work on a contract basis. Once you find a better specialist to hire in your team, you can stop outsourcing the work. You can even scale the work and reduce the recruiting process. Also, you can define the speed of your project according to your requirements.
- Security Risk: It is hard to control the whole development process, and that’s why it becomes hard for anyone to trust others. It may not be a well-protected method. Therefore, it’s better to offer an agreement to them.
- Communication Gap: The outsourced developer can be from any part of the world. Therefore, there can be some time and language issues. However, now, most of the professionals are fluent in English, and you can choose it as your communicating language. Also, you can schedule a video meeting with them and explain your requirements to them.
- Commitment: The Outsourced developers might not deliver all the required elements of a project, and it’s hard to ask them to make further changes. This is because of less engagement. Therefore, it’s essential to stay connected with them on the phone.
Whenever you want to choose the best developer for your app, make sure to notice all the elements. Check whether they deal with backend development or frontend development.
Also, examine the needs, goals, and budget as both in-house and outsourcing development has its pros and cons.
For the long-term perspectives, the in-house developers are the best. And for the newcomers and low budget development, Outsourcing developers will be perfect.
Just don’t forget to test your app before launching as it will help you to make further corrections. The right choice will help you to have a better mobile app for your brand.
Chapter 8 – How to Test Your Brand’s Mobile App After Development?
Almost every brand has its mobile app, and it has changed the future of business in every aspect.
It is hard to imagine your phone without apps. But whenever you are designing an app for your brand, don’t you think it is essential to test it?
Nowadays, people don’t have to switch on to their laptops/PC for everything as they can reach every platform using their mobile phones.
The element that connects the client to a platform is known as Mobile application.
Therefore, it becomes essential to test it before making it live. In this chapter, we are going to discuss mobile application testing and process.
Significance of Mobile Application Testing:
- Identifying a Different Range of Mobile Devices: Every device has a different hardware configuration and screen size; therefore, it becomes essential to test your application on every device. It will help you to resolve the errors beforehand.
- Identifying Different Mobile Operating Systems: There are many different operating systems, out of which, the Android and iOS are the most common ones.So before launching the app for your brand, try to test it on specific operating systems. Testing will help you to judge your app’s performance.
- Identifying Different Versions of the Operating System:Just like PC and laptops, every mobile phone follows a different operating system. Testing your app on all operating systems will help you to make it perfect for every platform.
- Identifying Different Network Operators:The two most common network operators are GSM and CDMA. Your app may behave differently on each app. Testing will make it easier for you to identify the app’s behavior on each network.
- Identifying the Required Updates:It is essential to update your app from time to time. And the upgrade depends on the type of app. Therefore, testing can help you to identify the most suited update, without impacting its functionality.
Types of Mobile App Testing:
Now, the question comes, “how many types of testing you can perform on your mobile application?” So here are some types that will help you to make your app efficient:
- Compatibility Testing: Testing your brand’s app on various mobile devices, screen sizes, and OS versions, as per your requirement, is known as Compatibility testing.
- Usability Testing: To understand the app’s easiness and satisfactory UX, it is essential to perform a usability test.
- Services Testing:Testing your app’s online and offline services is known as Services Testing.
- Performance Testing:Understanding how your app reacts under different connection conditions like 2G, 3G, WiFi, and more, and how much battery does it consume in each case is known as performance testing.
- Security Testing: It is essential to know whether your app’s data or information is protected or not, and that’s why security testing is performed on your app.
- Operational Testing:Testing the recovery plan, data loss, and backups of an app while upgrading it comes under operational testing.
- Interface Testing:The navigation flow, menu options, settings, buttons, history, and bookmarks are some crucial elements of the App’s interface, and they should be tested for smooth working.
- Low-level Resource Testing:It is imperative to understand your app’s behavior under low-level resources like memory usage, local database issues, and auto-deletion of temporary files. In this case, the low-level resource testing can help you out.
- Installation Testing:Installation testing helps in understanding the validation of your app when a user installs or uninstalls it from their devices.
Points to Consider During Mobile Application Testing for Your App:
Whenever you are testing your mobile application, make sure to focus on its performance guidelines and quality. Two most essential pointers are:
- Selecting the Right Device:It is crucial to analyze the market’s behavior and selecting the widely used devices for testing. This selection process depends on you, and the popularity factor in the market.
- Emulators:Emulators helps in the initial stage of the development process by allowing a quick and efficient app check. It is a system that tests an app under different environmental conditions. You can choose from mobile and operating systems emulators, depending on your app’s requirements.
Key Factors of Testing Your Mobile App:
1. Define the Scope of Testing Your App:
Every app tester follows its testing style and focuses on what they see and what they see and what they are passionate about.
So whenever you want to test your app, make sure to define between iOS and Android testing as they both have their way of testing.
It will always add value to the testing process and make it easy for a tester.
2. Never Limit Your Testing:
Testing should always focus on different aspects of the app, and that’s why never limit yourself and test all the elements.
If you are hiring an app tester, make sure to inform him about your requirements. Define a reason and your app’s way of working under different market conditions.
3. Cross-Platform Testing:
Cross-platform testing is vital as your app should behave the same on iOS and Android platforms.
Both of these follow a different programming language, and that’s why your app may require other fixes. Just make sure to focus on every element.
4. Performance Testing of Your App:
As we live in a mobile-oriented world, it becomes imperative to understand your app’s performance on different devices. It will help you to know how users think about your app.
5. Always Be on Front Foot:
When you are getting your App tested, never let anything pass out. Let your tester to engage in different activities other than codes as it will make your app more proficient.
Be clear about your requirements so that they can test it in a better way. Let your tester be a front foot.
6. Comparing Your Apps in Different Market Conditions:
If you ever not sure about your app, compare it with your competitors and similar apps on the Apple or Android store. It will help you to know what you have to work on.
7. Permission Testing of Mobile Apps:
Most of the apps ask their users to give access to their phone’s location, contact list, gallery, and more. Therefore, it becomes imperative for you to know how it will behave under different combinations.
Always add a yes or no option for permission, so that your users can allow something accordingly. Also, if you are removing a feature from your app, try to remove it from the permission section.
8. Devices May Not Support Your App:
Many devices may not help your app, so be prepared for that.
9. App Upgradation Scenarios:
The app upgrade testing is essential as it ensures its behavior under different upgrading scenarios. In that case, the tester should always focus on data retention under previous versions.
10. Keep an Eye on the Actual Size of the App:
Make sure to know your app’s size after every release as it should not reach a point where the end-user won’t feel like downloading it.
Proceedings in Testing your Mobile App:
Whenever you are focusing on testing of your mobile app, make sure to focus on your changes.
When you want to perform less testing on your app, the sanity testing will be perfect for you, and in the case of sophisticated testing and changes, the full regression testing will give you better results.
So here is a testing process that one can follow:
Step 1: Identifying the Type of Testing:
It is essential to test your app on different browsers using different mobile devices.
The usability, compatibility, and functional testing are the most important ones, and these should be combined with the automation and manual test cases.
Step 2: Manual and Automated Testing:
The Agile methodology works well for these testing and takes almost two weeks.
It runs under the QA environment by the QA team. The automated testing will focus on the script run of an app, while manual testing will focus on the new functionality.
Step 3: Beta Testing:
After that, the team has to focus on User Acceptance Testing (UAT). It helps in verifying all the bugs to build a bug-free environment and ensure the smooth working of your app.
Step 4: Performance Testing:
The app should work the same on different platforms, and that’s why JMeter Scripts is used. It will identify the performance and focus on its loading speed under different environmental conditions.
Step 5: Launch Plan:
The final stage of mobile app testing is the launch plan. So ensure how it performs on every device to make sure that it is ready for production. Try to add everything and make it LIVE!
Testing your mobile app is not as easy as it seems to be. When you research more, you will come out with more aspects.
So make sure that whatever type of app you develop, it should run smoothly on various devices.
Your app should support all the latest versions of OS, and a tester must ensure the same.
Chapter 9 – How to Launch Your App on the App Store and Google Play Store?
Every mobile application should build according to the customer’s requirements. But if your app will not be available on different app stores, how would they be able to download it?
That’s why the Google Play Store and Apple App Store are significant platforms for launching an app.
If someone wants to submit their app smoothly on these platforms, they have to follow some specific requirements and guidelines. And by chance, if you forget any critical step, these platforms will reject your app from uploading.
So in advance, follow a checklist. And by chance, if you forgot to follow a list, here are some reasons for rejection. You can edit your app accordingly.
Required Checklists for the App Store and Google Play Store:
|Google Play Store||Apple App Store|
|Unique and Different Application Name||Unique and Different Application Name|
|Icon with 512X512 PIXELS||iOS 11 SDK features|
|2-8 screenshots of Application||iPhone X super Retina Display Support|
|Feature Graphic with 1024×500 PIXELS||Appropriate Icons|
|Full Description of the Application||5+ individual screenshots for iPhone and iPad|
|Short Description of the Application||Description About the Application|
|Content Rating||Contact information and Owner’s name|
|Category of products and elements|
|Tags or Keywords|
|Test account for reviewing|
|Marketing and Support URLs in the case of selling apps|
What Is the Estimated Time an App Takes to Get Launched?
To launch your app on the platforms like google play store and Apple App store, you have to create an individual or enterprise account. Yearly, you have to pay a defined amount as a fee.
While submitting your app on these platforms, make sure to provide a complete copy. They will approve your app only if it passes their criteria. After reviewing, their team will update the overall status and notify you of the same.
The overall launching process takes about 1 to 2 business days. However, if you don’t get any reply regarding your app’s approval and launching, always remember to check apple services at developer.apple.com or Google Play Console.
Reasons Why Apple and Google Play Store Reject Your Mobile App:
If you are done with the designing and developing of your app, make sure to know the possible reasons for rejection. It will help you to be confident about technical, content, and design criteria.
However, following the same in the beginning stage can help a lot. So here are some common issues why apps got rejected in the reviewing process:
- Irrelevant Content:Apple store will reject your app if you have not finalized its images and text. The apps with the placeholder content and which are still are in the development stage will be rejected during the reviewing stage.
- Poor UI:Apple store only approves an app with a clear and user-friendly interface. They offer their design guidelines and expect your app to be designed accordingly.
- Inaccurate Description:The shared descriptions and screenshots should clearly explain the functionality of your app, as App store should what your app is all about and how does it work.
- Advertisements: Test the behavior of your app displayed ads on different mobile devices. The app store’s team will check the IDFA of your app and compare it with the quality and functionality of your display ads. If your app ads do not match the IDFA standards, the team will reject your app.
- Lack of Value:If an app doesn’t offer enough functionality, content, or another market niche, your app will get rejected. So it’s better to check the apps of a similar category and consider them to provide a better UX to yours.
- Crashes and Bugs: The app with crashes and bugs will instantly get rejected by the Apple Store. Therefore, make sure to test your app on different devices and fix all the bugs.
- Incomplete Information:Make sure to provide complete and appropriate information while submitting your app.Provide a valid demo for every feature and specific information for special configurations. The valid demo video can also make everything better.
- Misleading Users:If your app has promised certain features and functionality but is not able to provide them, the apple store will reject it.
- Web Content:The web content and app content should match with each other. It should be unique, responsive, engaging, and useful to get approval.
- Similar Apps:Never try to submit two apps with similar motives as apple counts it as a fraud. Try to combine both for instant approval.
GOOGLE PLAY STORE:
- Restricted Content: Google play will reject your app if the content is sexual, endangering children, promotes self-harm, disorder or death games, bullying, illegal, or inappropriate. Also, they will not approve the hate speech and any description of violent threats.
- Neglecting Privacy and Security: Google believes in protecting its user’s privacy. Therefore they offer a secure environment for users. So avoid adding any malicious or deceptive data that will harm the network’s image.
- Advertising: Google Play will reject your app if it allows disruptive ads. The ads should display within the app and considered to be an element. Also, the ads should be designed as per the google policies.
- Families and COPPA:Google play deals with trusted, high-quality, and age-appropriate content. Therefore, whenever you are deciding the content for your app, make sure that it complies with specific laws.
- Impersonation: If your app has the logo, title, name, or brand of another app, google will reject it. Your app should be carefully designed without any promotional content. Also, don’t try to steal other’s content as Google will identify it.
- Monetization:Any app that relies on in-store or in-app purchase format should follow google play in-app billing guidelines. Any app with no specific data will be rejected by Google play.
- Spam & Broken Functionality: Google Play rejects apps that spam users or force them to do something. So avoid unsolicited messages at any stage of user experience.
Once you have re-designed your app according to apple or google guidelines, try to re-check all the reasons why your app got rejected.
Once you are done with that, Google and Apple will again review your app and revert you within 1-2 business days.
You can even open a ticket in the resolution center for Android apps if it had all the required data, but still, google rejected it.
For iOS apps, you can send a comment on the Apple developer iTunes Connect site. If there were any mistakes from the other side, you would get instant approval regarding your app launching.
To launch any app, you need to follow specific guidelines, which can help you create a better app that will offer better results.
This helps the store to identify the reliability of your app and how it will perform in a particular environment.
Also, these guidelines will help you to get instant approval. Just make sure to ignore any violent content.
Having an experienced development team can help you overcome these challenges as they are masters of this domain. They can solve the issue and make your app go Live in no time.
Chapter 10 – Importance of Maintenance and Updates in Your Mobile App:
When we talk about the maintenance of your mobile app, it is much easier than its development.
It is the next and a crucial step after launching your app. And this is the time when mobile App updates come to help you out.
Updates in an app help you offer the very best for your users in the context of hardware, OS, libraries, programming language, style and design, usage, infrastructure, and security of the app.
It is the primary duty of a developer or brand to maintain an app. There is no hard and fast rule to having to provide the updates in every segment of your app; it’s just that you have to review the weak parts and upgrade it.
The primary reason to update your app is that when you don’t offer an update for more than 6 months, your users will start noticing it.
It will lead to bad reviews in the respective app store. So it is an essential element of your app growth. And if there are any cost issues, then here are a few ways important areas to divide your cost:
- Hosting Costs: The backend costs are divided into two major sections: How many people are using the content from your app? And who can take care of maintaining the backend? The costs of the hosting will rise with the people who come to your App.
- Monitoring Analytics:Monitoring helps to understand your users. So always collect the data captured while monitoring and use it to add functionality. Also, setting tools will help you to get crash reports.
- Licenses:Most of the money is spent on licensed technologies of an app as when it gets expired or needs some upgradation, it requires a considerable amount of money. So while setting your budget, always define the licensing costs in advance.
- Marketing:The biggest amount of your app’s budget is spent on marketing and promotion. It is called app store optimization, which works just like search engine optimization. The marketing department has to pay a lot of attention to it.The essential elements of marketing are Social media, content marketing, in-app content creation, PR, Email, guest blogging, giveaways, and in-app ads.
- Mobile Maintenance Team: Mobile maintenance includes some essential elements. And to handle everything, you have to own a team. They must focus on the response time, manage and storing backups, and customer support.
Reasons to Have Frequent Updates:
Innovations Attract People:
People love to explore new elements and features when we talk about a mobile app, so don’t forget to please your users with the best and exciting iOS and Android app updates. It will also help you to send a pop-up notification to tell your users that you care for them.
As we live in a mobile-oriented world, apps are becoming an essential element of growth. And to attract users towards an app, the relevance should be kept in mind. It should revolve with time and offer its users the most relevant data.
Users usually check the last updated dates of an app on Apple and google play store. And if your app is not updating at a reasonable pace, people will not take you seriously. Also, they will ignore your app and choose your competitors. Therefore, upgrading will help you in attracting users.
The functionality of an app depends on its speed and stability. But the first thing a visitor will notice in your app is what defines its overall performance. Therefore, it is essential to focus on app design.
When to Change the App’s Design?
- Change in the Guidelines:Many times, the app platforms change their guidelines. In that case, you have to change your app interface design accordingly. It is an essential type of app update.
- Obsolete Design:Many times, the app platforms change their guidelines. In that case, you have to change your app interface design accordingly. It is an essential type of app update.
- Complicated Interface:A complicated app interface will confuse the users, and they will tend to uninstall it. Therefore, it is essential to have simple app design.
- Rebranding the Company:When you have changed the logo and color of your website, it becomes essential to do the same on your mobile application. Following the old theme on your app will hurt your users.
Other Reasons for Updating Your Mobile App Are:
- Fixing Bugs: No app is perfect, and that’s why they include some unwanted bugs in it. As QA engineers of a platform test the app before allowing it to release, sometimes some viruses tend to stay.These bugs can harm your app in the long term. Therefore, you will need to update your app and remove the bugs from it.
- Improving App features:Features define the overall working and look of an app. So whenever you feel something is essential for your app, try to add it in your app.
- OS App Update:OS or operating systems are improving at a very high pace. They update regularly and help in solving the top purpose. Therefore, you have to update your app accordingly.When you upgrade your app, the speed and working of the app will improve by itself. In this case, you have to update your app according to the OS update.
- User Feedback:Users tend to share feedback about their experience, and you can follow them to update your app. As you design your app for the users, it becomes crucial to make them happy. You can do this exercise from time to time.
How to Promote iOS and Android App Updates?
- Supplying Promo Codes: If you have an old app, then you must have managed to gather certain loyal users. But if you distribute some promo codes to them, they will tend to get attracted to your app.Similarly, if you supply these promo codes with the news of upcoming updates, then they will show a lot of interest.
- Mention in the Blog:Writing new blogs and mentioning the latest updates is the easiest way to promote your app. Here you can talk about the benefits and unique features that will make everything easy.
- Push Notifications:Push notification is the best way to tell your users about any update. You can use it to inform you about significant upgrades too. Avoid sharing about the minor updates as this may annoy your users.
Whenever you want to update your app, make sure to get the answers to the following questions: What’s new? Why is it important? And will it help the app? Getting the answers to these questions will help you to monitor and update your app in the best way.
Chapter 11 – Monetizing the Upgraded App of Your Brand:
Everyone dream of having a successful app for their brand. However, when an app is not able to make money, it will be hard to call it successful. Therefore, it’s essential to figure out the best ways to monetize it.
Monetizing your app involves planning, development, and the future upkeep. It is not as simple as it seems to be, as generating revenue from something is tricky. Knowing the best ways to earn money helps you to make your app successful.
The users play a significant role in the monetization of an app. And that’s why it becomes essential to find the best method to attract them.
Here are 8 Ways to Earn Revenue with Your App:
Whenever a person downloads a paid app, he has to pay an upfront fee. This means you can even increase the charges and earn more using the paid downloads. Just make sure to choose a realistic price by comparing it with your competitors.
- You can immediately earn money when someone downloads your app.
- Identifying the exact monetary value of your users and making a track of it.
- When your users pay for your app, they will become more loyal and engaged towards it.
- UI of such apps is free of ads. Therefore, these are less cluttered.
- Free apps have a huge competition, and people prefer free overpaid.
- The Apple and Google play store ask for a defined amount from your profit.
- The only way to earn money is through the initial fee.
- Most of the users don’t like to pay in the beginning.
- After paying, users expect to get higher returns.
2. In-App Purchase:
The in-app purchase apps can be designed in many different ways, depending on the type of your app. The only thing that you should remember while designing such apps is that it should work in the same way even if it is not getting sales. Use In-app purchase as an add-on and improve the user experience.
- Free apps will attract more users.
- There are low-risk factors as you’re not asking your users to shop for something forcefully.
- You can make more profit as this method easily upgrade digitally, and there is no need to store or maintain it physically.
- Users love to get add-ons, and that’s why this method will improve the overall user experience and loyalty level.
- You can combine it with other monetization strategies.
- There are chances that some users will never make a purchase. That’s why the revenue rates will fluctuate.
- When compared with paid apps, google and apple ask for more amount of your profit.
- You may be asked for more refund requests by your users, as it’s hard to make them happy.
3. In-App Subscriptions:
In-App subscription helps the users to explore new parts of your app and get a better experience. It works like the in-app purchase method, but it is different in the context of content, events, or items.
This specific method offers its users an advanced version of the app. When users buy the subscription, they will be able to unlock other benefits and remove the unwanted ads.
- Works well on news and blog sites.
- Easy to define as users get a try-before-you-buy opportunity.
- You can maximize the profit by selling in-app content subscription and premium memberships.
- It helps in getting recurring revenue.
- Offering in-app subscription from your app will allow apple store and google play to cut a large amount of your profit.
- The content offered in the premium package should be highly valuable.
- There is a high need to update fresh and relevant content regularly.
- You have to create a balance between free and premium versions.
4. In-App Advertising:
One of the most efficient mobile app monetization methods is In-App advertising. It fulfills the promise in the best way and is free. Also, these are uncluttered and attract a large number of users.
The user knows that you are providing valuable information for free, and that’s why they would love to invest in your app. This means you will be able to make revenue without spending more time and money.
You can choose from different types of ads like banner, interstitial, native, video, and reward video ads according to your app’s requirements.
- The free apps tend to attract more users.
- You can collect a lot of data about your user’s behavior, location, and preference through your app.
- Choosing the right kind of ad will help you to earn a considerable amount from it.
- It is a good option for shopping, news, gaming, and entertainment apps.
- You can choose from incentivized, native, and third-party display ads.
- If ads do not match your user’s expectations, they will abandon your app.
- You have to focus on the content of your ad as people tend to avoid irrelevant information.
- If your ads are unable to display on some parts of your app, you may have to redesign your whole app.
- It is not perfect for professional apps.
You can even promote your app for free and earn a considerable amount of money through it.
Here are some ways to do so:
5. Email Lists:
Email strategies help your app to engage with your customers and without even spending a lot. It will eventually help you to earn money, and you will be able to reach more people as they rarely change their email ids. This method is easy and engaging.
In this method, you have to play with content and engage with people. Sending emails in a defined interval of time will help you in building a better brand image in the receiver’s mind.
An Email has a lifespan of 12 days so that it will stay active for a significant amount of time. And when you offer the subscription option through email, it will become convenient for everyone.
6. Sponsors and Partnerships:
If you have a partnership with another brand, you can take a huge advantage of it. That brand will able to share some information about your brand and influence its users to download your app.
This is how you will be able to convert their customers into your users and increase the revenue of your app.
Once you open yourself up with new ideas, you will be able to build a forever partnership with another brand.
7. SMS Marketing:
SMS marketing works the same as email marketing. You can use text messages to send notifications about any app updates, contests, promotions, and reminders.
This method helps in strengthening your brand by driving your old users back to the respective app.
So if you are looking for the best way to enhance your customer engagement, SMS marketing is the best option for you.
8. Strong Content Strategies:
One of the easiest and valuable ways to influence people to use your app is by offering them refresh app content.
For example, you can provide them with a reason to come back by giving some exciting stories and more.
More paying users will eventually increase the revenue of your app. Also, it’s not difficult to create engagement with content.
The developers can identify the daily target audience of your app, and you can build a strategy and ask the content writers to give some content according to their behavior.
Although there are fewer chances of instant sales, the future rate of revenue will increase. So, don’t forget to update your app regularly and maintain a consistency of publishing content.
As there are so many strategies, the question comes, what monetization strategy is the best for your brand’s app?
So it’s hard to give a relevant answer for it as every business is different as they want to earn money using a different method.
Just make sure that you are creating user engagement and know why users will pay for your services.
Choose the relevant monetization strategy, Paid or Free, and use it for monetizing your Brand’s mobile app.
Chapter 12 – The Cost Factors in Your Mobile Application:
Many Brands ask the question that “how much mobile application development will cost them?” So the Cost of mobile development depends on the requirement of a brand.
To develop an average app, it is essential to combine efforts, a robust foundation, a plan, a fantastic network, and resources.
Still, the overall cost may fluctuate due to various elements, types of development, requirements, and market conditions.
However, many factors define the cost of your mobile apps, and they differ from brand to brand and service to service.
The whole development is not that cheap and neither too high. If we calculate its future outcome, it may help a brand to earn a lot of revenue.
Factors Define the Cost of Developing a Mobile App:
1. App Type:
The Kind of app that you need for your brand determines the overall cost of development. Some most common app types are native, hybrid, and cross-platform.
It’s the fact that apps work on two critical platforms- Google and Apple. These two platforms provide access to potential users.
However, defining the best for your app will help you to generate its cost. And iOS platforms cost more than Android platforms, but at last, it’s your choice. You can define the type of app and its platform for a better app.
2. Purpose of the App:
Whenever you want to develop an app for your brand, make sure to have a strategy or reason. Here, the app classification starts, and you have to choose between the less expensive ones and costly ones.
Some of the most common app types are Blockchain apps, E-commerce apps, web-based apps, wellness apps, and custom mobile app functionalities.
The cost of the app will increase with the additions of new features. To define the app type, you must have a purpose and choose their functions as per your budget.
3. Third-Party Additions:
The Apps that take their information from other apps or are indirectly connected with them generally costs more.
In these apps, the API development is followed to maintain strong computerization. And this indirectly affects the overall development cost.
In this type of dependent app, the programming interface is essential, and that’s why some costly inbuilt features have to be installed.
4. App Development Team:
By hiring a huge app development team, the cost of your brand’s app will increase by itself. More people’s involvement will increase the cost, and fewer people’s participation will decrease the value.
5. Time Spent:
To get the answer to the question “how much does it cost to have an app for your brand?” it is essential to know the hours it will take to get developed. It will help you to calculate the cost of designing and development.
According to research, the official apps require 300 hours, some complex apps require 600-900 hours, and multifaceted apps require more than 900 hours to get developed.
You can define the type of app and calculate the estimated cost of development.
6. Design and Functionality:
Design plays a significant role in defining the UI/UX of an app. It will help you to get an idea about the cost as the design in the context of development.
Also, by defining the paid or free feature of an app, you can calculate the value of back-end work. However, don’t be sure about the cost as it will depend on the final result.
7. The Person Who Will Build The App:
Every company has their different cost structure for development. You have to choose between in-house and outsource development. Out of these two, outsource development is preferred the most.
So who you must choose for the outsource app development? There are two options, either you can go for the app development organizations, or you can hire a consultant.
The Development organizations are pro, but they charge higher. Consultants, on the other hand, charge less, but you can’t ensure their quality of work.
The time spends on app development is unpredictable, as every app is different. However, you can define the time and chargeable price and come out with an estimate.
8. App Complexity:
Some apps are simple, while a few are challenging to get developed. By defining the type of app, their platform, work process, design, and other essential factors to build an app, you can define the simplicity or complexity of an app.
The development of Complex apps may require specific engineers, depending on the complexity. So this factor also defines the cost of your app.
The Development time of an app will impact its overall financial plan. Every app is different, and it’s hard for someone to know its estimate development time.
When someone is paid daily, their cost will impact the total cost of the development process. So when you put more burden on a developer, you will eventually pay him more.
Do you want your app to work with some third party application? If yes, then you may require an appropriate combination to build your app’s intricacy.
The whole integration or combination process and the testing factors involved with it will also affect the cost of developing your app.
The adaptable engineering design is required when you want to scale the utilization of your app. And this factor may cost you a lot.
A considerable amount of energy and money is spent while arranging your app’s usefulness, investigating the target audience and their needs, understanding a reasonable period for app-venture, and underlying the essential assets of your app.
An arranged mobile app development venture will affect the cost of an app.
13. App Testing:
App testing is one of the most critical steps in app development. It helps in knowing how your app will behave on different mobile phones and screen sizes.
Also, you can take some time and take a QA with your app’s users and target audience. They can help you to know what they want in an app and what is missing in it.
The testing team will try to develop a flawless app, and that’s why they need to focus on app testing.
Other Factors that Affect the App Development Cost:
- User Interface
- Online Life integration
- Relevant content with keywords
- Locating and scheduling administrations
- Outer API combinations
- Security and polices
- Certifications and documentation
- Administrator Feedbacks
There is no such factor that can determine the cost of the development of your application. So focus on the best features, process, and elements and develop a perfect mobile app for your brand.