Have you got an out-and-out answer for questions like which framework is perfect for mobile application development? Or Which are the top trending mobile app development frameworks that we should look up to?
A facile choice between Android and iOS is not possible due to different reasons and moreover for their excellence as platforms at the individual level.
Developers find it back-breaking to decide upon a particular framework. With an elevation in the number of platforms, the developers are unearthing the level of difficulty for improving their app performance on different platforms.
Choosing one of the best mobile app development frameworks for your mobile application thus becomes a tedious job. Often it is observed that there is a need of migrating the existing application into another platform.
Due to these requirements, it becomes essential and crucial to choose the right framework which would simplify the process of converting an application from one ecosystem to another.
Any mobile app development company or an individual developer has tied their purpose with the concept of cross-platform app development to make their life easier thus having better flexibility.
So without frittering away further, let us jump to the hottest mobile app development frameworks in 2019 that would be helping you to successfully run your app-based business with the good user experience.
The list is given below:
Mobile App Development Frameworks:
Let us bellyflop into each one of them.
PhoneGap is a cross-platform Framework. It offers PhoneGap build which is cloud-based and PhoneGap, an open source solution. It is based on Apache Cordova. It is now a part of the Apache software foundation.
- A cross-platform framework, PhoneGap enables people to view the changes then and there.
- Ensures high-quality performance without hardware limitations.
- With Android and iOS platforms, you can develop apps for Windows, Blackberry, Mac OS, Ubuntu, and Firefox OS.
- Another functionality that is extended by the developers is adding plugins associated with this framework.
- Excellent choice for cross-platform application development for dominating existing web technologies.
- Suitable for those who don’t make notable use of phone’s native features.
- It is a free tool and the need for local SDK is absent. It supports respective platforms in the cloud.
- It maintains software development kits individually for each platform.
- Variety of plugins thus allowing developers to show their skills.
- No support for few functionalities.
- Sometimes you have to deal with inefficiency while working with Native apps.
- Developers develop the apps only for once. After this, it charges some monthly fees.
2. React Native:
About React Native:
- Open-Source Framework.
- Reusability of code for different platforms.
- Two major ecosystems iOS and Android are covered.
- Proper time-management.
- Integrates other native apps’ functionality.
- UI is predictable.
- Same code deployment thus saving the cost of development.
- Live Reload.
- Herculean level performance for mobile environments
- Modular and unlearned architecture similar to React.
- Long Lists implementation is difficult in React Native.
- React Native isn’t a good choice for-
- developing an app that requires many interactions.
- animations, screen transitions, or complex gestures.
If you are looking to opt for Flutter but are confused, this might help you to decide:
- Add your content…Web Application Developers who are giving a thought to change and get into mobile application development without the expense of learning diverse Native Platform Languages.
- As a business, if you are looking to reach more users but with a single investment, then Flutter is for you!
- Consistency and Vision are two factors that come along with the principles the Designers follow. Thus if they are looking to have their app delivered with these two factors, Flutter is an excellent choice for them.
Google embarked flutter in February 2018. The apps built with Flutter hold the capacity to run on Android, iOS and Google Fuchsia-another platform developed by Google.
- Flutter is used to build apps which are more significant than native apps.
- Flutter helps in building native apps from a web view and thus brought forth as a website as the final result.
- Focusing only on high-performance, Flutter offers greater flexibility.
- For getting a high-effectual user interface, Flutter supports Material Design(for Android app development).
- Hot Reload allows developers to modify a running application without ceasing the app, rebuild and reuse.
- Perfect for MVP.
- Less Coding as due to hot reload a new program need not be coded entirely.
- Cross-Platform Development where you need to code once.
- Widgets with properties like natural look, swiftness, and customization.
- You can use different theme while coding for iOS and Android platforms. Flutter allows this functionality.
- Only Mobile Limited.
- Fewer Libraries.
- There is no TV Support.
- No support for CI.
If you want your apps to be highly responsive, then cease your search with Sencha.
- AJAX: Complete AJAX support including CORS and JSON-P.
- Touch Events: Supports tap, swipe and pinch.
- Feature Detection: Automatic presence detection of features like geolocation, canvas and orientation support.
- Native Packaging.
- High-performance Native UI Looking Components: Exclusive collection of UI widgets including lists, menus, forms, carousels and toolbars.
- Adaptive Layouts, Animations, and Smooth Scrolling.
- Advanced Mobile Charting Package and Device Features and Native Packaging.
- Backend Agnostic Data Package.
- (Relatively) Large code footprint and Complex object hierarchy.
- A long list of widgets, with complex customizations, ready to be used out-of-the-box.
- Opinionated approaches to common tasks and Cross-browser support.
- Detailed documentation and a fanatical user base and Commercial support.
- Considered to be a niche platform.
- Sencha isn’t open-source.
- It has a substantial community with stagnation.
Corona is the right choice for people who are interested in gaming development on Android and iOS devices.
Provides 10 times faster development as compared to other mobile app development framework. Corona backend is supported by Lua, a light-weight programming language. Lua focuses mainly on speed, flexibility and ease of usage.
To know more in detail about the practical use of Corona, you can hire eSparkBiz’s App Developers. He/She will be able to guide you regarding this subject.
- Fast development without compromising the quality of the application.
- Absolutely free of cost
- Used to build in all platforms supporting Windows and Mac OS X.
- If you are looking to build games for iOS and Android devices with high-performance and reliability, then Corona is the right choice.
- HTML and Lua programming language supports this framework. Lua is very Robust with a small footprint for mobile apps.
- Optimized for 2D gaming graphics and is 10 times faster.
- No visual editor for GUI – although software like Level Editor or others can help
- Only 2D (or a little 2.5D in some cases)
- Some hiccups if you want to make business apps.
If you are thinking to build an app with full of engagement that will be interactive as well as interesting for both smartphones and tablets, then MonoCross is the right choice for your desires.
Monocross is using C#. NET and the Mono framework. It was released under the MIT license. It is free to download, contribute and share the framework. This open source, the cross-platform framework supports C#, Microsoft, .NET, and the Mono framework.
- Enables app developers to create engaging apps on various platforms including Webkit enabled phones.
- Open-source, cross-platform mobile application development framework.
- Custom user-interface for all platforms and One app for all supported architectures.
- No low-level knowledge for elaboration is required for all platforms.
- The developers have full access to native device APIs while continuing coding in C#.
- The base of the MonoCross framework is an abstract mobile application model where all app-specific business logic is developed.
- Less number of resources are available which is not all a good news for budding developers for MonoCross.
“The thing that I love the most about Xojo is that it is so fast and so easy to go from idea to working application. Not only that, but I can use the same fast, easy language and IDE to develop for so many different target platforms.”
— John Joyce,
If you want to create a vibrant app for worldwide clients, then Xojo is at your service.
- Being an intuitive integrated development environment, it has a drag and drops user interface builder.
- Powerful object-oriented language.
- Xojo is seriously native.
- User Interface can be built using built-in controls.
- Using declares you can access almost any iOS feature.
- Has iOS features like device rotation, easy access to the camera, sharing panel support, and more.
- Time-saving framework.
- This framework can be used to develop apps for iPhone and iPad, macOS, Windows, Linux, the web and Raspberry Pi.
- No need to learn the specific OS programming APIs.
- Abstraction from complex OS allowing you to create apps effortlessly for multiple OS.
- Great for novices and experts as it is free for development and learning
- Extensive documentation, videos and example projects are some of the added advantages.
If you want your apps to be developed, test and deployed effortlessly, then Ionic is for you. If you are targetting to build hybrid apps which are small websites running in a browser shell in an app that has access to native platform layer.
An HTML5 mobile app development framework targeted at building hybrid mobile apps.
- Scalability and Based on SASS.
- Easy and feasible cross-platform framework.
- Provides tons of UI components to create robust and rich apps and Comes with powerful CLI.
- The free and open source framework
- Built on Angular and have a beautiful default UI.
- Performance might get hampered as compared to the application developed natively for each device.
- A basic know-how and skill set is required for building complex apps due to the use of AngularJS.
- The complexity can increase with building in-app navigation. The reason is the UI router is tricky to operate at present.
If you want to share your code across significant platforms, then Xamarin is all about that.
It is based on the Microsoft technology stack. It has a community of over 1.4 million developers. Uses a single language i.e., C#. Uses Native libraries gyrated by .NET layer for cross-platform development.
- Single Technology stack for all platforms.
- Performance is nearly similar to native apps.
- Flawless user experiences.
- Native-level app functionality.
- Open Source technology.
- Maintenance and updations are simple.
- Complete development ecosystem.
- Xamarin.forms- a framework for simple apps and prototypes.
- Fast and friction-less development.
- Xamarin tutorial provides a smooth onboarding for budding developers.
- Delayed support for the latest platform updates.
- Access to open source libraries is limited.
- Problems with the Xamarin ecosystem.
- Basic knowledge is required.
- Apps with heavy graphics are not suitable.
- App size is larger.
- Compatibility issues.
10. Appcelerator Titanium:
- A powerful cross-platform framework.
- Rapid Prototyping.
- It is a web-oriented.
- Great Impact.
- Prototype-based scripting.
- High-level code of reusability.
- It has a growing community.
- The development complexity increases thus increasing costs with an increase in application complexity.
- No Freemium
- The main pain point is a toolkit.
- There are limitations with flexibility.
- It is slow to respond.
Few comparison charts that show few popular frameworks that are currently trending the market:
There is a lot of expectation from one of the Best Mobile App Development Companies & services in 2019. With such expectations, there is a rise in top technology frameworks for developing mobile applications to stay in the competition. Here almost all the top trending frameworks are covered with their features, advantages and cons.
Disclaimer: We at eSparkBiz Technologies have created this blog with all the consideration and utmost care. We always strive for excellence in each of our blog posts and for that purpose, we ensure that all the information written in the blog is complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date. However, we can’t always guarantee that the information written in the blog correct, accurate or up-to-date. Therefore, we always advise our valuable readers not to take any kind of decisions based on the information as well as the views shared by our authors. The readers should always conduct an in-depth research before making the final decision. In addition to these, all the logos, 3rd part trademarks and screenshots of websites & mobile apps are the property of the individual owners. We’re not associated with any of them.