As more people enjoy the comparative ease of using mobile apps, more businesses are turning to have their mobile apps. Companies have understood the need to have a mobile app. They are easy to use and give a better personal experience. They are much simpler. They make life a lot easier for us.
The need for mobile apps is on the rise. So is the requirement of mobile app developers. The performance of an app depends on ist way of building. There are many frameworks to create a mobile app. Ionic and React Native are two frameworks. While hybrid apps use Ionic, React Native helps to build native apps.
Steps to Better FrameWork Iconic Or React Native
1. The Importance Of Mobile Apps
— Marc Wilczek (@MarcWilczek) November 21, 2017
The number of people having smartphones is around 5 billion. All the people carry it with them wherever they go. It has made it the device of choice for many activities. Today people use the mobile more than laptops for purchasing things or getting services.
The rampant use of mobiles has woken up the business community. More and more companies want to be easily accessible by mobile. Companies have today realized that they have to be on mobiles before they launch a website.
Apps are more comfortable and more personalized. People are moving away from websites to apps. Mobile apps are the hot favorite as they can be accessed anywhere. It has prompted more and more companies to launch their apps.
Companies have also started to communicate with employees over mobile phones. Mobile phone apps help companies to improve their communication with employees and customers. There is a sudden need for more apps.
2. How Mobile Apps Score Over Web Apps
- People are always carrying their mobile phones with them. A mobile app is easy to access.
- People always search for new apps in app stores. Being there can help your company.
- Mobile apps help you to send a push notification to remind customers of your product.
- The latest trend is to share apps or its contents with their friends. It can be done quickly with mobile apps.
- Users can share the app contents easily to any app like Facebook, WhatsApp, Messenger, etc. It makes it more convenient than sharing from a web app.
- Users spend many hours on mobile apps. The time spent is much more than that spent on mobile websites.
- You can earn additional revenue from ads. It is not possible to block ads in a mobile app.
3. Challenges Of App Development
With increased demand for apps, developers are also facing pressure. Companies want the apps to give the best performance for their customers. There is a need to make them more appealing and easier to use.
One of the main challenges that app developers face is the number of mobile platforms. Some mobiles run on iOS, Android and Windows platforms. As these are all different platforms, there is a need to make apps for all these platforms. It is where the question of native or hybrid apps arise.
4. Native And Hybrid Apps
Native apps are those which are built to work only on a particular platform. These apps work only on either iOS, Android or Windows platforms. Hybrid apps are developed to function on all mobile platforms.
- You can create it inappropriate coding language – Swift/Objective-C for iOS and Java or Kotlin for Android.
- Native apps provide for fast, responsive and reliable experience to users.
- It is easy to use the device functions as a camera or microphone using native apps
- Native apps can send a push notification when user attention is required.
- Users are used to the UI/UX of the device. Native apps help to match these.
- They are difficult to build as you have to use different codes for each platform.
- Native apps take longer to build and cost more.
- You may need separate teams to build apps for different platforms.
- Hybrid apps are web apps installed like a native app
- They use WebView to run on your mobiles.
- The hybrid app is built like one but can work on all mobile platforms
- As there is only one codebase to manage you need less time and human resources
- It is also less expensive to build a hybrid app
- They can access native features using bridges like PhoneGap
- You will not get the same performance that native apps give.
- It is challenging to make hybrid give the same native experience.
- The user experience will not be the same as native apps.
5. Cross-Platform App Development
We have seen that native apps have to be created separately for each mobile platform. Hybrid apps do not give the same experience as native apps. So, if you want to build apps that will perform on all mobile platforms, the solution is to create a cross-platform app.
Several tools allow you to build cross-platform apps which will use the native features and give similar performance. React Native and Ionic are two cross-platform frameworks that are very popular.
More and more developers are using these two design patterns for building their apps. The ultimate aim is to satisfy the customer by giving their users a good experience. Every developer makes the apps for companies who aim to increase the interaction with their customers using these apps.
You can Hire React Native Developer for developing a cross-platform mobile application for your business.
We will see the features of these two frameworks and how they benefit the developer.
6. React Native
You can apply the UI changes in the background. It gives a very responsive UI, and users get a better experience. As it uses the native UI elements, this offers a better experience to the user. It is also faster to run as this is not a browser-based app.
React Native is a cross-platform development framework. You can use the same code-base for both iOS and Android applications. However, you have to alter certain codes specific to the platform. It gives a near-native experience.
There are pluses and minuses to React Native.
- You can use the same code base for iOS, Android and Windows platforms.
- Specific platforms process the hardware functionalities quicker, and it gives a better performance.
- It is easier to maintain in large projects because it follows stricter designer patterns.
- The framework becomes stable. It gives a better natural feel.
- There is a robust community of developers who can help new developers learn the use of the framework very fast.
- You can reuse the codes across platforms. It can save money and time.
- You can watch the changes you make on a real-time basis.
- Conversion of HTML to native code can be difficult. You must be good in Object C or Swift to solve this problem
- React Native was explicitly for iOS. So certain Android elements may require more work.
- It follows the “learn once write anywhere” motto. You must maintain separate codes for different platforms.
- Building an app using React Native can be more expensive.
- You have to follow Facebook licensing rules.
Ionic is used to develop hybrid apps. It is a cross-platform framework based on HTML5. The framework can work only with the help of Cordova or PhoneGap. Developers familiar with AngularJS can create apps easily using Ionic.
This framework makes it easy for developers to create the UI of an app. Ionic uses WebView to access mobile functions like camera and contact. To write in the Android platform, developers use HTML code. It could make the app slow.
If you want to use native functionality, you must download plugins. The TypeScript elements can make tasks slower. It will not be as fast as directly working with native API. Ionic comes with its pros and cons.
- Apps can be built faster with Ionic. It is easier to earn revenue with more apps.
- It is easy to learn Ionic and work with it.
- It follows the “write once run anywhere” motto and hence faster to develop for different platforms.
- If you know AngularJS you can quickly write the codes in TypeScript.
- You can use TypeScript to write applications for all platforms
- Ionic has good community support.
- Plugins allow you to access native functionalities of the device.
- Ionic is suitable for small projects.
- Ionic is an open-source and free-of-cost framework.
- Performance can be slow if there are many callbacks to the native code.
- The UI won’t be the same as the native UI. Some users may not like this.
- It is challenging to develop advanced graphics or interactive transition with Ionic.
8. Critical Differences Between React Native And Ionic
- Ionic offers complete SDK to build hybrid apps
- React Native makes developers learn once and use the codes everywhere
- Ionic uses web technologies to develop hybrid apps with minimum codes
- React Native uses native techniques to give native experience.
- React Native offers better UI experience using native elements.
- You can work efficiently with Ionic if you know Angular. App development is fast and easy.
- React Native give the users an experience closest to Native.
- React Native is a more stable framework. It is better for large applications
- Performance and response are much better with React Native. Hence it is costlier to build.
- Ionic takes a hybrid route and so is ideal for creating apps at a faster pace.
- It achieves the modern needs of an app.
- Performance could suffer if there are many callbacks to the native code.
- You need to download a lot of plugins to gain access to native features
PLUGINS AND COMMUNITY
- A lot of plugins are available for React Native
- React Native has a vast community of developers to solve various issues.
- There is a plugin in React Native which allows you to use PhoneGap / Cordova plugins.
- Ionic also boasts of a large community of developers that can help you in difficult situations.
- There are a lot of PhoneGap and Cordova plugins for Ionic to use native features.
- Both Ionic and React Native are cross-platform frameworks. Both support iOS and Android.
- Ionic also supports Universal Windows Platform.
9. React Native Vs. Ionic – A Direct Comparison
The below tabular comparison will illustrate the differences and features in React & Ionic App Development.
|Motto||Learn Once, Write Anywhere||Write Once, Run Anywhere|
|Nature of App||Cross Platform||Hybrid Apps|
|Popular Because||Near-native and elegant UI across different platforms||Use single code to build apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Web, Desktop, and PWA|
|Code Reusability||Need to change platform-specific codes||Optimum code reusability|
|Performance||Near-native look and faster||Slower because of WebView|
|Code Testing||Need mobile device or emulator for testing codes||Codes can be tested using any browser|
|Learning Difficulty||Difficult to learn||Easy to learn|
|Community & Support||Strong and stable||Strong and stable|
|Supported Platforms||Android, iOS, and UWP||Android, iOS, UWP, and PWA|
|Major Clients||Facebook, Instagram, UberEats, Airbnb||JustWatch, Untapped, Cryptochange, Pacifica, Nationwide, etc.|
We cannot arrive at a definite conclusion on this. For performance and near-native experience, you should contact React JS Development Company. If the priority is developing an app fast at a low budget, then you should use Ionic.
You should also consider other factors.
You should see which languages you know well. The app size and the features required will also decide which framework you want to use. You can use both frameworks for developing cross-platform apps.
Disclaimer: We at eSparkBiz Technologies have created this blog with all the consideration and utmost care. We always strive for excellence in each of our blog posts and for that purpose, we ensure that all the information written in the blog is complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date. However, we can’t always guarantee that the information written in the blog correct, accurate or up-to-date. Therefore, we always advise our valuable readers not to take any kind of decisions based on the information as well as the views shared by our authors. The readers should always conduct an in-depth research before making the final decision. In addition to these, all the logos, 3rd part trademarks and screenshots of websites & mobile apps are the property of the individual owners. We’re not associated with any of them.
You may also like:
- 22% Faster, A New Era Of Web Development-PHP 7.3 (New Features, Changing Functionalities)
- Top Reasons why developers are planning to drift towards React Instead of Angular
- 5 Easy Hacks To Fix Establishing A Database Connection Error In WordPress
- Top Enterprise Mobile Application Trends that deserves a high spot for mobile application development
- Educational App Development : Need, Features, And Cost
- 15 Configuration Hacks That Every WordPress Developer Should Know