Why Does Your Business Need an NLP Based Chatbot Services ?
NLP transforms the way bots work from keywords to understand the meaning. This improvising of AI by NLP is revolutionizing today’s business world. There is no algorithm or bot to analyze the human spirit, but intents can be classified. NLP based chatbots well understand these intents and act upon them.
“If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.”
– Nelson Mandela
“The past is always tense; the future perfect” is a quote by Zadie Smith which explains the English tenses with life. For understanding tenses, the chatbots should use NLP. AI and ML have made it indispensable for businesses to incorporate NLP with chatbots.
NLP or natural language process enhances the functions of chatbots for all businesses. It elevates their scripted and sequential conversations of chatbots to that of humans. Assessing, analyzing and communicating skills of NLP based chatbots makes this possible.
We are only at the level of notification and FAQ assistants, but #NLP and conversational #AI companies like @rasa_hq are working on open source solutions to enable contextual and personalized assistants @juste_petr #chatbots #chatbot #bot #bots @MyaSystems pic.twitter.com/L5WhV53oRh
— Mariya Yao (@thinkmariya) January 24, 2019
In this fast technology evolving business world, it is necessary to know the latest developments. If you are involved in any business in any capacity it is imperative to know about the following:
Chatbots –customized customer interactions 24/7, 365 services
Chatbots buzz is doing the rounds for some years now, and from 2015 it has gained momentum. The Facebook integration of it as messenger platform made this business world surrounded by chatbots. This AI software is the most advanced expressions of interactions between humans and machines.
Chatbots integration – CRM at its best
Chatbots integration with major social platforms and other latest technological tools enables its easy accessibility. It provides the best CRM facility for better customer satisfaction. The 24/7 365 uninterrupted service of interacting with many customers at the same time saves money. Also, it increases sales, facilitates meetings and gives 36% lead conversions.
NLP – Language barrier breakers
“Every language is a world. Without translation, we would inhabit parishes bordering on silence.”
– George Steiner
This adage squarely implies the importance of language translation in this modern, fast, and technological world. Language barriers should not curtain global businesses with thousands of languages. Hence NLP or Natural Language Process gains prominence in this digitalized business world.
So what is this NLP?
NLP is software to provide the automatic simulation of a natural language like speech and text. With its roots dating back to 1950, it has grown with the technological development. It is a subfield of computer science concerned with the interactions between computers and human languages. A prodigious quantity of natural language data is processed and analyzed by NLP.
NLP is all about making possible interaction between computers by understanding inputs. It by translating them into their known language. NLP is a highly sophisticated technology and is now part of IT courses. To understand NLP certain features and applications of it should be known for benefiting businesses in a better way.
- Natural language:
“Language is the road map of a culture. It tells you where its people come from and where they are going.”
-Rita Mae Brown
Languages define people and speaking in their natural language is one of the best ways of longstanding relationships. Native language is the way humans communicate which is more of speech and text. In the last decade, the dominance of book in the day to day life was equal to that of speech. It comprises the following ways including:
- Web pages
This list is just a drop in the ocean of the data generated and stored. NLP provides the methods for productively understanding natural language data.
- Turing Test:
In 1950 Alan Turing, a computer scientist developed this test which still holds ground. It is to distinguish human and computer intelligence regarding conversation. This test until now remains a challenge to be not yet entirely successful. But NLP is the best software as of date to provide possible computer conversations similar to that of humans.
- Machine learning:
Machine learning is at the core of many NLP platforms. It plays an essential and crucial role in training the chatbot. For many businesses, it is fast becoming part of the tech toolbox powering chatbots. They help in writing summary articles and filtering spam or social media messages.
ML mainly enhances mass-accomplishing tasks to derive wisdom analyzing crowd’s billions of conversations with cool math.
The work of machine learning could not be matched even by any team of experts. ML needs a massive amount of data to get the highest level of accuracy. NLP uses ML to expand chatbot vocabulary and also to transfer dictionary from one bot to another.
- Fundamental meaning:
Fundamental meaning is a way of approach to NLP to understand words by breaking down conversations. Each word is broken down looking for two things. One is the intent which gives the information of what it is asking to do. The other is the entity or the essential data required to complete the task. With FL, NLP adds new synonyms to the bot’s vocabulary.
The best approach of NLP could be the combination of both ML & FL. This combination also helps minimize the defects of NLP chatbots. The continuous learning ability of ML with the intent and entities created by FL makes a successful NLP chatbot.
- Deep learning:
Deep learning is a technology that empowers bots to acquire inputs given by users. Also, it enables to analyze the intent and generate a response just like a human. With default responses in place with deep learning, it allows bots to even answer beyond their scope. This deep learning technology is vital for any customer-facing bot for it’s near to human responses.
It is one of the most commonly researched tasks in NLP that have direct real-time applications. Parsing which is a syntactic analysis of a string of symbols in natural or computer language and data structures. It is according to the rules of formal grammar. The others include
- Grammar induction
- Morphological segmentation
- Sentence breaking
- Word segmentation
- Part of speech tagging
- Terminology extraction
Semantic technology processes want to understand the meaning of the text. To communicate with companies’ online version is the fundament need. It first follows the semantics and structure of the text to interpret the topic discussed. By identifying the critical relevant elements in the text, it could make sense of the relationships between different concepts in the text.
NLP with semantic analysis help machines to automatically understand the text. It supports the higher goal of translation of information from one language to another. Also, it includes valuable customers’ feedbacks or insights in a tweet or customer service log. It brings in the domain of business intelligence for customer support, knowledge management or corporate information.
NLP based chatbots are intelligent to understand not only language semantics but also text structures and speech phrases. IT makes it analyze the vast amount of unstructured data to make sense. The following applications of Semantics also help NLP for many functions:
- Machine translation
- Lexical semantics
- NER or Named Entity Recognition
- NLG or Natural Language Generation
- Natural language understanding
- Question answering
- OCR or Optical Character Recognition
Discourse analysis is another application of NLP which is a process of language analysis. It determines the contextual information that is useful for other tasks such as AR or Anaphora Resolution and NER or Named Entity Recognition.
How does NLP work?
Now, having known in detail about the applications and features of NLP, it is time to tell about how it works. First of all, it is not software looking for keywords like a search engine. It comprises knowledge of sentence structure, idioms, and machine-learned pattern recognition. It enables us to identify the classified intent that people want from it and act upon them.
Where does NLP work?
It is one basic economic query for the use of NLP. Because adding NLP for a small and straightforward domain is excess and overkill. With visual medium and buttons to accomplish the task with clicks, NLP is not optimal. On the other hand, Amazon’s Alexa would not perform appropriately without NLP. Hence it is pertinent to know why chatbots require NLP.
Why NLP for chatbot?
With Turing Test yet to be successful, it is still a challenge for chatbot’s ability to understand human language. Humans are trained well before conversing and for a chatbot to do so also need training. ML plays a vital role in to enable natural language conversation between bots and computers or people.
The long wait for decades for machines to hold realistic conversations was a holy grail of computing. With nowadays endless scales offered by cloud computing and others enable it. It is due to the power and ability to interpret, understand, and translate languages. It does not happen overnight but with a lot of time and ML with substantial data.
Many chatbots are of little or no value without NLP. Only with NLP the chatbots understand messages and respond appropriately. NLP is powerful enough to make or break a chatbot’s success. With NLP chatbots can connect to queries and identify entities and sentiments to generate own intelligent responses.
The Top Chatbot Development Companies are using NLP to provide high-quality services to their client around the globe.
Why should chatbots be based on NLP?
“People respond to those who challenge the status quo.”
Chatbots function was challenged by NLP integration to provide proactive approaches for customer satisfaction. They extract the intents, parameters, and the primary context and transform it into data. It also allows calling APIs or Application Program Interfaces for better results.
Human-like response by machines is not anymore a science fiction with NLP based chatbots. They provide the same experience from interacting with humans. But to utilize them optimally is the key to success in this digitalized business world.
NLP empowers bots with personality. Chatbots help businesses answering frequently asked questions. But in many cases, they may lose customers when encountered with irrelevant questions. NLP either answers these questions intelligently or passes the conversation to a human.
In this fast modern world, small scripts of chatbots are outdated for business needs. They can predict what users will and will not say. But there could be conversations beyond anyone’s wildest dreams. With NLP chatbots can select from all the bot’s interactions including previous call data for the appropriate answer.
To develop an NLP-based chatbot solution, you should hire bot developer and for that purpose, Visit This Website.
1. Intent Recognition
- NLP can breakdown chatbot tasks to a few words to find the meaning of each word. It will get the intention of the customers recognized by analyzing the structures of the human command. Every word will be accepted for them to interpret the synonyms of evident and non-obvious words correctly.
- NLP intent recognition is not only to match utterances with the task but to match it with the intended function is done in the following ways:
- Differentiates numeric words from digits
- Removes capitalization from common nouns by organizing recognizing proper names
- Personalizes messages replacing default and universal with uniquely configured customized messages
- Continuous chatbot vocabulary expansion possible by using ML for adding synonyms and also include pre-programmed synonyms for both responses
- Developed vocabulary transfer from one chatbot to another is made possible
- Removes apostrophes and expands contractions to simplify the task processing
- Enables same way process of singular and plural nouns
- Single verbs communicated in different tenses need to be understood
2. Entity Extraction
NLP allows developers to to designate entities or the fields, data, or words that are necessary to a chatbot. It will enable the chatbot to complete tasks as per date, time, person, descriptions of products and other designations. You can do that by identifying the user’s utterances across all fields to match the task at hand. It also collects additional field data as per need.
NPL recognizes critical nuances of human’s natural language and mitigates potential misinterpretations. It helps ChatBot developers to customize, expand and reuse vocabulary every natural variation easily. The ultimate goal is to complete the task by filling in the gaps and by ignoring unnecessary details by a subtractive process.
3. Overwhelm language barriers
“The limits of my language are the limits of my world.”
Limitations should not bar businesses due to language barriers. Translation of texts and voice are the order of the business world nowadays. It is well done by NPL based chatbots to interpret the messages despite the mistakes.
4. Understanding morphemes & slang of different languages
NLP enables chatbots with the ability to understand morphemes and abbreviations across different languages. Also, it allows learning slang just like a human and makes chatbots easier with fewer errors.
5. User experience
NLP enables the need of the customer with better clarity and accuracy. It gains prominence in businesses to provide better user experience across applications like chatbots, social media listening & texting, voice-enabled applications and devices
In this globalized businesses, NLP with its translational and other features are the need of the hour. NLP based chatbots improve customer experience in this ever-connected world. You can fulfill the Expectations of today’s millennial business people around the globe with NLP’s business intelligence. Following are the best business benefits of NLP based chatbots in various enterprises’ end-user applications:
1. Win-Win situations for both customers’ & companies
The innovative and intuitive CRM solutions make it a win-win situation for both the customer and companies. From the company’s perspective, it enables to reduce cost and rise in profits. In the customer’s perspective, it enables efficient and secure customer experience.
- As messaging platforms in a social network like Facebook companies can directly and easily access customers anywhere and anytime
- Able to communicate with conversational experience between the customer and the company without a customer service department
- Enables the customers’ needs and preferences in real-time
- Identifying all the relevant information in the conversation and also automate them effectively to empower the assistance process
- Enables capturing strategic information of customers like preferences, buying habits, opinions, and even feelings or sentiments
- Unstructured content of customers successfully transformed into actionable intelligence
- Intercepting weak signals, detecting operational risks and identifying trends
- Answer customer queries fast by understanding, analyzing, and prioritizing the questions according to the complexities
- Responses quick than the human for better customer experience
- The increased retention rate of customers
- Reduces the effort, cost, and complications of acquiring new customers
- Expanding customer trust and loyalty with better customer experience
- Elevates the growth of companies to the next level along with an increase in profitability
- Provide the best of latest technological advantages to stay ahead in this competitive business environment
2. Saves time for positive change in future focus of business
AI empowered technology decreases the time of various functions of the company. The queries from the customers and the front desk are more relieved to focus on positive changes for the company. The other time-saving benefits include:
- The 24/7 365 customer support for all kind queries to be instantly attended to save their time also with less than 4 minutes per inquiry
- Reduces time in traditional organizational functions like catalog management, invoice processing, human resource management, and others
- Increases accuracy and perfection of many corporate functions
- Improves employee efficiency to focus on professional management and development of companies
- Provides a user-friendly database for organizations
- Reduces time in internal communication including the boss or CEO, by asking the bot to get the answers in the past for similar queries
- Instantaneous responses decrease time and increase efficiency
- A recent study confirmed 10 % savings in the digital procurement function
- Establish in-depth connections with current strategic suppliers and to find additional ones
3.Breaking language barriers for successful globalized businesses
Languages have an infinite number of variations in expressing statements. There are no limitations in the ways for a user to produce a report to show emotion. The problems in dealing with these states with a pre-fed approach are solved quickly. Also, many other language barrier breaking ways include:
- It can give an accurate system generated response
- It can answer queries, and, customer requests in any language
- Enhance customer experience by differentiating between types of applications generated by customers
- Grammar errors, understanding morphemes, slangs, different nuances and many more make language issues easily solved
4. Make meaningful decisions with the right market research
NLP based bots enhance the business social listening strategy. Chatbot analytics and NLP discover opportunities and risks alike. It enables them to identify what customers are happy or unhappy. The following ways allow researches to of businesses for the path of development
- Identify the primary purpose or idea behind user queries and comments
- Summarization of monumental amount of versatile and unstructured data
- Able to scan for trends and discover what is necessary to customers at that point of time
- Get an insight into what customers feel about brands, services, products and many more
- Enables to take quick decisions to better things as per customers’ anticipation expectations and preferences
5. Increase profitability with a reduced cost
Revenue generation, profitability and reduced price of operations are the fundamental financial needs of any organization. Includes with the workforce, resources held in repetitive tasks and in streamlining workflows. As per research by the year 2022, an expected 8 billion dollars are set to be saved by NLP based chatbots.
The following among other ways increase profitability with reduced cost of companies
- Reduces customer acquisition and retention costs with a high technological end to end services
- Decreases payroll costs
- Improved organizational efficiency with a decrease in the expenses
- Quality customer service at reduced costs
- 36% rise in lead generations
- $0.50 – $0.70 cost savings per interaction
Chatbot Development Company in India has a new buzz on the horizon for better CRM facilitation for companies. More than 110000 bots on Messenger is not without reason. It is only as per a year old estimate. It could have increased substantially because of the benefits of NLP based chatbots. The language barrier breaking NLP could do any business to be globalized easily. You can significantly increase the ROI of any company with the best of customer satisfaction. If you are in any business, it is time to have a win-win situation for both you and your customers with NLP based chatbots.
Disclaimer: We at eSparkBiz Technologies have created this blog with all the consideration and utmost care. We always strive for excellence in each of our blog posts and for that purpose, we ensure that all the information written in the blog is complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date. However, we can’t always guarantee that the information written in the blog correct, accurate or up-to-date. Therefore, we always advise our valuable readers not to take any kind of decisions based on the information as well as the views shared by our authors. The readers should always conduct an in-depth research before making the final decision. In addition to these, all the logos, 3rd part trademarks and screenshots of websites & mobile apps are the property of the individual owners. We’re not associated with any of them.