We are overwhelmed witnessing the growth and innovation for communication right from scratch. The cut-throat competition is evidence.
Cloud Computing has been changing the ways applications for creation, distributions, and scaling. With Cloud Computing individuals & enterprises are permitted to share a pool of resources. They include computing, storage, and networking. This technology allows controlling the underlying hardware required to operate the internet. It helps in reducing the operational cost.
While the concept of ‘Cloud’ is not new, its uses in different sectors are something unusual. Today, almost every industry is either proactively using or preparing to bring all of its operations on Cloud.
“Computing may someday be organized as a public utility just as the telephone system is a public utility. Each subscriber needs to pay only for the capacity he actually uses, but he has access to all programming languages characteristic of a very large system”
What is Cloud Computing & Mobile Cloud- Some History
Origin of the concept of Cloud Computing is not clear, but software experts opine that it was born through the practice of drawing network systems using cloud diagrams and mobile app cloud architecture to denote computing, storage and networking systems.
While the concept of Cloud Computing got the world’s attention around 2008, the theory has been in practice since 1960 and 1970s with time-sharing computing. The dot com boom in the 1990s was the period of significant advancements in telecommunication systems, increased bandwidth, easy access to personal computing devices and the proliferation of high-speed networks.
Some of the early offerings of modern cloud computing include salesforce.com and Amazon Web Services as the lead adopters, but more recently it has become one of the most popular business models for many of the large and established technology companies such as Apple, Microsoft, IBM, HP, and Google.
Milestones in Cloud Computing
- 2000-2005 Dot Com Bubble
- 2006 – Amazon Enters Cloud (Elastic Compute Cloud)
- 2009-2010 – Open Source Cloud Movement
- 2010 – Microsoft Launches Azure
- 2012- Google Launches Compute Engine
Cloud Computing Market
With the introduction of Amazon Web Services Elastic Computing Cloud in 2006, the market has become more competitive by the entry of large technology companies such as Google and Microsoft that didn’t offer similar services before.
In 2014, the cloud computing market comrprises some of the largest and best-known companies in the technology industry.
According to Forrester’s Cloud Predictions,
- The Global Public cloud market will jump from $146 billion in 2017 to $178 billion in 2018.
- Beyond 2018, the website predicts that the public cloud computing market will continue to grow at a 22% Compound Annual Growth Rate.
- Public Cloud Platforms represent the fastest growing segment with a revenue generation of $44 billion in 2018.
- The website predicts that, by the end of 2018, more than half of global enterprises will rely on at least one public cloud platform for digital transformation.
Benefits & Applications of Mobile Cloud Computing
1. It is your Djinn of Aladin:- You must have heard of the story of that great djinn who always followed the master’s order with great enthusiasm. Cloud Technology is the same. Like that djinn, it is still there to help you with its high flexibility.
The cloud technology is of great use if you are not particular about bandwidth demands and tend to fluctuate. The technology offers flexibility in case your need increase or decrease. Through the technology’s easy to use methodologies allows you to scale up the cloud capacity in case of higher demand whereas the same is true the demand decrease.
The agility offered through cloud-based apps or merely the technology can make a difference in this cut-throat competition.
Did you Know?
What is Bandwidth: – It means “the difference between the upper and lower frequencies in a continuous set of frequencies, measured in hertz.” In cloud technology, IT experts determine the quantity of bandwidth that will be needed by the organization for both data storage and transfer operations in the cloud.
Therefore, they have to consider the number of users and systems that will be responsible for pushing data into the available network space for data storage and other functions at non-peak and peak hours.
2. Safe data and In-expensive Recovery: – In Data-driven world, Data is everything. Just imagine the pain of losing all your data in the cyber attack. Recovery of data is costly and there, is no guarantee of getting back all of your data. If the company is still in its Startup phase, it pains even more.
Brian Gill, CEO of Gillware Inc., in his Quora answer, for the question “What is the typical cost of recovery of per GB lost data?” has mentioned the complexities involved in the recovery of data. According to Gill, sometimes, it takes 100s of dollars to recover the lost data.
For preventing all the complexities and recovery cost, enterprises are getting attracted towards Cloud platform where comfortable back up is available. The method, that cloud uses for data safety is ‘encryption.’ Generally, encryption method utilizes complex algorithms to conceal cloud protected information. Your cloud-stored data is usually safer than your locally stored data.
Cloud services utilize more complex security methods than the average computer owner can devise, giving your cloud-stored data an added level of protection.
3. Need not to worry about any software update:- If the apps are on the cloud, you need not worry about any security or technical update. The service provider will do everything you need which ultimately saves a lot of time and prevent unnecessary mental burden.
Cloud suppliers do all the server maintenance required with cloud computing, and this frees up your employees, IT staff and resources for other tasks.
4. Cost Effective:- Priya Vishwanathan, a Mobile Devices Expert writes
“Cloud computing is one of the most cost-efficient methods to use, maintain and upgrade. Traditional desktop software costs companies a lot in terms of finance. Adding up the licensing fees for multiple users can prove to be very expensive for the establishment concerned. The cloud, on the other hand, is available at much cheaper rates and hence, can significantly lower the company’s IT expenses.”
For developing a cost-effective business mobile app, you should Hire Mobile App Developer from a reputed organization. He/She should be able to guide you on this subject.
Did You know
How much it costs to develop an app from Mobile app development company?
App press.com, an app development company reveals the cost of maintaining a mobile app. According to the website, the most accurate answer to how much your app will cost to preserve depends a lot on how you built it. You can save on upfront developments costs by going with a cheaper developer. But, if your app isn’t designed to scale, you’ll run into much higher costs down the road as you app attracts more users.
A good rule of thumb is the budget 20% of the cost of initial development when calculating how much it will cost to maintain software. If your initial development costs are $100,000, you can reasonably expect to spend about $20,000 per year to support your app.
How much it costs to maintain a mobile app on the Cloud?
So, you must have seen the maintenance cost of a mobile app without cloud. The maintenance bill of $20,000 will look beyond imagination once you see the charges by Amazon’s AWS. The price is as low as USD 3.5.
5. The opportunity of being “Lean but Mean”:- The coffer of cloud computing offers some of the advantages which enable even small businesses to compete with large corporations by giving them access to efficient and useful tools.
For small businesses software-as-a-service (SaaS) is the most common use they will have for cloud computing. The advantage of these subscription-based applications is that your software is always up to date and you do not need to maintain an IT department in every location where you do business.
Here is the list of business-friendly tools offered by Cloud Computing
(a)Office 365:- The cloud version of Microsoft Office suite of products which costs around $5-$15 per user, per month.
(b)Adobe FormsCentral:- Getting creative with Adobe is comfortable in just $0-$11.99 per month. Apart from creative tools, Adobe comes with various analysis tools. Using Adobe’s Business Intelligence capability data can be analyzed and used immediately on websites, facebook pages, twitter or even email.
(c)FreshBooks:- The tool takes its basis on a simple premise – sending, receiving, printing and paying invoices just in $19.95 per month.
(d)QualysGuard Express Lite:- The business tool lets business owners monitor internet perimeter servers, websites and apps to ensure they are all up to date and secure in $795. With no software to install or maintain, the tool provides PCI compliance and helps business owners stay on top of the latest security patches at all times.
(e)QuickBooks Online Plus:- The business to provides an exceptionally easy to use solution for a small service based or limited product based business that requires mobile access as well as payroll and necessary time billing.
6. The easy flow of Communication:- The most significant advantage of having the business cloud-based the easiness it provides in communication among employees, it doesn’t matter, wherever they are. They can sync documents and share applications as well as receive critical updates in real time.
Apart from the technical point of view, a smooth flow of communication between employees also strengthens the organizational development. Study.com has emphasized the importance of having upward discussion within an organization.
It says that communication lets managers get feedback from employees who are significant organizational development. Also, it helps in increasing in Mutual trust and introduction of new policies which helps in the long run.
7. Trustworthiness:- The cloud-based application is more reliable than in – house servers. It’s consistency, 24/7/365 availability with Service Legal Agreement make it a better option.
8. More Control: – Cloud-based business or app or enterprise finds it more comfortable to collaborate on documents. As the size of companies starts growing, a complication in file and information sharing also increases.
The companies getting global where managers need to share information in different time zones find it complicated and lengthy to keep things at a single place. It is where Cloud comes to rescue as it offers the facility of central storage of files.
An Extra Reason from my side
9. Improved Battery Performance:- The apps which are cloud-based offer extensive facilities in terms of handling and operating cost to the lightness of the app. But apart from all the benefits listed above, the apps which are on cloud consume less batter of user phone.
As the cloud handles the major role of processing, one can reduce battery usage of mobile devices’.
Mobile Cloud Applications Examples
1. Adobe Creative Cloud App:- The world famous creative app, known for its excellent design applications. Mostly used by Graphic designers, Film or movie makers and video editors, etc.
2. IBM Cloud App: – The IBM Cloud is for creating new apps or migrating existing ones.
3. Microsoft Cloud App Security:- The app gives you visibility into your cloud apps and services.
The cloud computing industry is rapidly evolving to more than just Infrastructures-a-Service. Over the past decades, cloud providers have focused on building an underlying portfolio of services that offer the core building blocks of the cloud through compute, networking and storage resources.
However, the increase in competition for developing cloud mobile apps and the entry of powerful technology companies into space have resulted in a pricing war in which these offerings have become commoditized in many ways. This will lead to some consolidation in the industry through acquisitions of smaller players by large technology companies.
The industry is quickly moving up the cloud pyramid to offer a platform (PaaS) and Software (SaaS) services, to gain from the network effects of building communities and marketplaces around their services.
Here, we have tried to provide with the list of reasons for which any Mobile App Development Company should be focusing on developing cloud-based apps.
Disclaimer: We at eSparkBiz Technologies have created this blog with all the consideration and utmost care. We always strive for excellence in each of our blog posts and for that purpose, we ensure that all the information written in the blog is complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date. However, we can’t always guarantee that the information written in the blog correct, accurate or up-to-date. Therefore, we always advise our valuable readers not to take any kind of decisions based on the information as well as the views shared by our authors. The readers should always conduct an in-depth research before making the final decision. In addition to these, all the logos, 3rd part trademarks and screenshots of websites & mobile apps are the property of the individual owners. We’re not associated with any of them.
You may also like:
- Is Mobile App Development A Monster Generator for 6 Figure Income?
- Agile Methodology-Driven development is the new catch for Mobile App Development
- How Can AR/VR Help You In Increasing The B2B Sales?
- Few To-Dos While Estimating for Your Mobile App Development
- 4 Easy Hacks to Double Up Your E-commerce Sales without spending a penny