Business is heavily reverberating with mobility. With an increase in impact on the market, the technocrats are turning into mobile-minded team resulting in the integration of various technologies within the touch of our fingers.
The mobile apps act as a mediator between the employees of organization and business. Enterprise Mobile application is a fad in industries resulting in boosting productivity by transforming their tasks.
The primary purpose of an enterprise mobile application is to have partaken functionally with clients, partners, and employees.
“The future of mobile means a more intricately connected ecosystem of applications.”
As per research reports by Statista, smartphone shipments worldwide are projected to add up to around 1.7 billion units in 2020. By 2020, mobile apps are forecast to generate revenues of approximately 189 billion U.S. dollars via app stores and in-app advertisements.
Seven new trends pilot the amplifying demand for Enterprise Mobile Application:
- Machine Learning
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality(AR/VR)
- Internet of Things(IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence(AI)
- Office Automation
- Beacon Technology
- Progressive Web Apps
These trends have been the talk of the IT town for a long time and thus transforming our digital experience.
Advantages of these trends in Enterprise Mobile Application:
- Machine learning turns your application into a more cost-effective, productive, efficient, relevant and agile use.
- Concepts like virtual showrooms by e-commerce stores enable customers to check out the products and have a virtual trial of their products. For instance, how a piece of furniture will look in their room, how a spectacle frame will look on their face and so on.
- AR acts as a booster to businesses who wish to market their relevant data for the products in question in real-time to the customers.
- IoT provides support for connection of other electronic devices to your smartphones to control the features offered by all the different gadgets and machines.
- AI enables improved user experience in mobile apps.
- Human efforts, low-cost and improved productivity and efficiency are a result of using office automation on mobiles.
- You can utilize the Beacon technology in various sectors like hospitality management, retailers, and so on. They enable us to give a brief user-insight with back-office intelligence.
- Blockchain handles security concerns in mobile apps.
- If you want to experience working offline and access device hardware using mobile applications then you need progressive web apps.
Let us explore these top fads in details.
Mobile Application Trends
1. Machine Learning
A quote by Dave Waters,
“A baby learns to crawl, walk and then run. We are in the crawling stage when it comes to applying machine learning.”
It indicates the vastness of machine learning.
As Shane Long, President of Seven Tablets had mentioned in his write-up that machine learning has been transforming digital experience irrespective of the fact that we are online or using some mobile app or trying to integrate it with enterprise app. It is a large app that has tremendous capability for improving efficiency and user experience.
How is Machine Learning Integrated into Mobile Apps?
According to Daryna P.’s blog in Ruby Garage, Machine Learning analyzes various sources of information and triggers them accordingly to the customer’s device.
You can use Machine learning in:-
- Identifying your customers
- Their requirements
- Their budget
- Their pain points, preferences, likes, dislikes, etc.
- Their language for rating your products or commenting on them.
With these set of information, ML classifies and structures your customers, assigns an individual approach to each of them and talk as if the app itself is interacting with them.
Example: UberEats, a food delivery application, applies machine learning to provide a precise estimated time of delivery and real-time traffic conditions.
Features of Machine Learning in Enterprise Mobile Apps:
- Product Search.
- Support for recommendations.
- Trend forecasting and analytics.
- Fraud Detection and prevention.
- Revenue and better user experience.
Julia Matyunina in her blog has mentioned that Netflix knows what you wish to watch before you mention it. Thanks to Machine Learning.
The graph of Netflix is ballooning right from a DVD rental website to a global streaming service.
With using various algorithms, Netflix has mastered the art of Machine Learning and has well integrated it into their business.
An extremely quintessential blend of personalized information and user behavior, Netflix becomes one of the most obvious examples of machine learning in mobile apps.
Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality(AR/VR)
Chris Cox, VP Product, Facebook had quoted,
“We have gone from text>photos>videos and next is VR/AR.”
We had been witnessing the cropping up of various off-center technologies from past few years which have completely mutated the business scenario.
Out of these technologies, the two most publicized techniques are AR and VR which has been gaining heed in the mobile application development industry and gaming industry with plenty of marketing solutions in the basket.
How is AR integrated INTO Mobile Application Development?
AR in terms of the retail industry plays a vital role by providing the concept of virtual dressing rooms where customers try for different outfits in 3D form to select the best suitable one.
Use of AR has been widely discussed and welcomed in the advertising industry by incorporating it for promotional campaigns. It improves in offline and online shopping experience by attracting more customers.
- An interactive experience for users.
- Acts as a branding tool for its high capacity of customized user experience.
The app iOnRoad Augmented Driving Lite is a free app available for Android and iOS platforms that uses your phone’s camera, GPS and other sensors to avoid collisions from the vehicles that are heading your vehicle. They mention the distance between the two vehicles for safety purpose.
Jaguar Land Rover:
As per the case study from Blippar, the eventual customers of Jaguar Land Rover gets a full-time experience of their cars by sitting at their homes.
The AR unit is launched without any app installation directly from a banner ad. They can explore the car in 360 degrees. They can also interact with hotspot and can view from transparent windows via their seats.
Top 2 Tools that widely used for AR development in Mobile Phones:
This is a leading portal for AR application development with a broad set of features.
Price: the free version, classic version – $499 one time, cloud – $99 per month and Pro version for commercial use.
Platforms supported: iOS, Android, Universal Windows Platform, Unity.
To know more about Vuforia, watch the video:
It comes with features like motion tracking, light estimation, and environmental understanding.
Platform supported: Android 7.0 and Higher
Devices Supported: Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S7-S8+, Samsung A5-A8, Samsung Note8, Asus Zenfone AR, Huawei P20, OnePlus 5
To know more about Google ARCore, watch the given video:
For knowing more details about the tools for AR application development and how to select the best device for your application, you can visit Gleb Bryksin’s Blog on Best Tools for Building Augmented Reality Mobile Apps or Instabug Blog.
How is VR integrated into Mobile Application Development?
Virtual Reality or VR is on the verge of exploding due to the increase in demand for VR mobile apps and services from the enterprises.
Nowadays, many companies have adopted the strategy of converting mobile phones into VR gadgets thus motivating for the development of products like VR Headset and other devices.
- Smooth operation
- Enhanced Interactive Learning Experience for web developers.
- Stable and Efficient Training
- Boosts business productivity by adding new ideas for teleconferencing to cut-off traveling expenses.
- Fantastic experience on the go.
Example of VR apps:
This virtual reality ghost story under the horror genre gives you scared stiff, frantic experience thus showing the potentiality of VR apps.
Siemens Virtual Twin: A gas turbine VR model was developed by Siemens Researchers to improve the quality of hardware maintenance.
Real-Turbine establishes the sensors. The real-time, AI processed data from these sensors fed to the visualization.
The data read-outs from the sensors are interpreted by the system. Then the result is displayed in an understandable form for the user. In this case, the temperature of individual parts is as shown.
To get a deeper insight into the working of the gas turbine in Siemens, you can click here
Tools for Virtual Reality:
There is a wide range of SDKs that are available in the market for the development of VR apps. A deeper insight into these SDKs Visits here.
3.Internet of Things
Mobile applications play a significant role in the Internet of Things which has seen ballooning graph right from 2009. Mobile applications act as an interface between the users and the IoT-enabled devices. In other words, the growth of IoT is directly proportional to the increase in development of mobile applications.
How is IoT integrated with mobile applications?
Usually the devices, for example, smartwatches are connected to your android phones using the internet.
For the device point of view, the application programming interface requires software supporting the IoT devices into mobile applications.
The logical connectors enable the applications to communicate with each manufacturer’s IoT devices.
Features: According to Oracle IoT features:
- Standardize integration of devices with the enterprise.
- Enable reliable, secure, and bi-directional communication between devices and the cloud.
- Manage all your device end-point identity, metadata, and life-cycle states.
Example: Home Automation
The impact of IoT in our homes is unavoidable. Our lives are made more comfortable with controlling the environment around us just with a touch. It made our life more convenient and more comfortable.
Thermostat: The Thermostat by Nest is a 3rd generation device that saves energy. It can sense the temperature you desire and based on that builds a schedule around yours.
For a detailed overview of this click here
Read also: Top 8 Blunders for Mobile App Budgeting
4. Artificial Intelligence
“Artificial Intelligence is about replacing human decision making with more sophisticated technologies.”
– Falguni Desai
A couple of years ago, AI was a matter of imagination and sci-fi. It appeared to be a neophyte and had possibilities for setting the standard of technological innovations.
Today AI has become part and parcel of our lives. AI has made its presence felt right from chatbots to predictive analytics.
Organizations and developers are conducting an inquiry for innovative approaches. It is making an extraordinary change in business with high profitability.
How is AI incorporated in Mobile Applications?
For solving problems logically, You can use AI by incorporating automated reasoning. We use various taxi apps. We have seen that we are given the shortest routes to reach our destination. Also, the apps hold many bits of data to find which driver has the maximum number of experience on that route.
Features of AI:
- Capacity to complete plodding tasks at ease without exhausting people.
- Due to its full scope in various domains, AI has gained importance in daily applications.
- Perfection and accuracy are essential qualities of AI.
- In the medical field, AI has a bright scope like artificial surgery simulations, medications, diagnosis, etc.
Lola: Used for Planning trips by sending text messages.
The App works as follows:
- An account is a set-up by the user.
- Enter the credit card details.
- Send a message to their representative via the app.
- Similarly, the AI bot forwards your message to the human agents.
- The human agents using the system generated recommendations forwards to the users.
- Once you are ready to go, Lola handles for you considering you have already entered the preferences.
Cortana: Cortana is a famed application after Windows 10. It was available on Windows phone but now is available on Android phones as well. Cortana handles all your tasks.
To study in details about Cortana, click the link
Do you think office automation is all about switching from typewriters and fax to computers and email?
You have come a long way but haven’t reached the destination yet if you pass papers from one desk to another.
Office automation is not about spreadsheets. It is about how you can manage the repeated tasks.
To know more about the implementation of Office Automation, you should find out the Indian App Developer Cost.
How you can office automation in Mobile applications?
According to Prabuddha Neogi’s blog
- Designing the workflow whenever and wherever you want.
- Access privilege is an essential factor. Sometimes it’s essential to get access to essential data as per requirements even after working hours.
- Sometimes you need to wait for lengthy approvals as per the workflow with numerous formalities. Office automation relieves you through structured approval processes confirming your operational business requirements.
- Approval should be within your fist. Office automation does that for you.
- I am integrating existing solutions in the enterprise for smooth functioning.
- Reduces workload.
- An excellent partner for multi-tasking.
- Invigorate Feasibility.
- Capability to Prop-up.
Go Auto: Car Dealer, service and parts provider in Canada
Priority: Centralized service and standardization of printing devices due to its general business.
- Customized billing and invoicing to accommodate centralized purchase.
- Maintaining location-based itemization for invoicing
- Using fleet management for over 600 devices with efficiency and reliability.
6. Beacon Technology
“Beacons are such a powerful engagement tool that 70% of companies plan to add the functionality over the next five years, according to data shared during Boston retail Partner’s session.” – Deena M. Amato-McCoy, Veteran Business Journalist.
A beacon as mentioned in Kontakt is a small Bluetooth radio transmitter. They are tiny, simple devices with batteries, a CPU and radio.
How Does Beacon Technology work?
By using proximity technology, human presence is detected nearby and thus results in the trigger of pre-set actions to deliver informational, contextual, and personalized experiences.
With an indoor positioning set-up, when a user strides an area, a beacon sends a code with a message to their mobile device. This code is viewed only in the form of notification and you can view it with a mobile app.
Features of Beacon Technology:
- Low IT investment
- Rapid Kick Start-Takes only days to start.
- Automation is fabulous.
- Low maintenance cost.
- Best for Content Sensitive Campaign.
- No basic analytics anymore.
Application areas where beacons can be used:
Only a parent knows the importance of safety of their child in malls or beach. Keeping a constant watch isn’t possible always.
Nivea came up with a quirky solution with a combination of a location beacon and high profile ad campaign. Nivea distributed bracelets which parents could monitor through their phones.
Blockchain as per Quora is a concoction of proven technologies with a new approach. It eliminates the need for trusted parties.
How Is Blockchain used for mobile applications?
- Cryptocurrencies: Mobile apps required for currency exchanges, asset trading, mining which marks the beginning of the capability of stocks.
- Mobile apps with a requirement of payments using bitcoin require blockchain thus marking its presence in the game.
- Storage and spending of digital money have blockchain in it. Thus the concept of e-wallet.
- Cryptocurrency tracking apps track the rates, send notifications, provide real-time information about trades, and list portfolios of currencies.
- The implementation of Smart Contracts can benefit a company greatly.
Features of Blockchain:
- Decentralized Systems: Specifically all the assets are stored in a network that you can access via the internet. With blockchain, the assets of the individual can himself have access with minimal charge over the internet.
- Distributed Ledger: Blockchain provides high efficiency and secure method for performing transactions serving as an online ledger keeping a record of transactions that you can’t change.
- It is providing Tamper Free Environment: Self-reviewing system due to its auto-update feature. Thus it provides a robust system.
- Minting: As per the blog by tech racers, if we take the example of Bitcoin, mining is used for minting. The protocol through which someone can easily prove regarding the work done computationally.
The basic requirement is to solve a puzzle. The miner creates a block with the latest transactions has to encrypt data by all the computational process and thus provide the proof of work. It gives rise for competition among the miners to add the new block on top of the blockchain. The combined block is then verified by other nodes when you add other blocks on top of it
Application of Blockchain in various industries:
- Banking: Banking systems based on blockchain are much more secure and cost-effective.
- Payments: For the client, fast and secure payment methods are desirable based on the Blockchain.
- Healthcare: Health data providers for an accurate diagnosis.
- Logistics: Shared & secured records of information across the network.
Current Scenario: Handled by the government with security and proper control. Few countries still are dealing with a stack of papers.
Proposed with Blockchain: All the data is intended to move to a much safer and transparent infrastructure protected by walls of cryptography. It also guarantees the integrity of the data.
For example, in Sweden, a private-public effort is in development in this area. Startup ChromaWay is currently ongoing testing of a Blockchain solution for Land Registry.
Of course, governments and financial institutions must support this type of initiatives; some of the governments considering a similar approach are Georgia and Honduras, for example.
For a detailed overview of this case study refer to this link
8. Progressive Web Apps
In the above screenshot, there is an option ‘Add to Home Screen.’ When clicked on the opportunity, the application itself starts installing in the background.
Moreover after installation when you open the application, you get the same experience as that you got when opened in the browser.
What you have on your mobile phone is an app downloaded from a web application. The best part is you can browse the content even when you are offline. It is a progressive web app.
Features of Progressive Web Apps:
- Fast experience
- Integrated user experience similar to native apps.
- Reliable experience
- Engaging the user with the app.
Book My Show:
According to a study, Book My Show’s new progressive web app drives an 80% increase in conversions.
Challenges: Due to heavy traffic on mobile phones, the bounce rate increased as their site wasn’t optimal in terms of speed and user experience.
The mantra to increase sales was speed and efficiency with the rich user experience. It would be possible with PWA to deliver the best web experience with cutting-edge technologies.
To have a detailed study of PWA, you can follow this link
Offering your target audience with mobile applications with cutting-edge technologies like AI, IoT, Machine learning, Blockchain, and Progressive Web Apps, acts as a ray of light for the enterprises in the darkness of their dilemma.
What trends do you think are burning the market except these? Do you think Mobile App Development in India is excellent?
Make comment in the box below about the trends that I have missed out.
Disclaimer: We at eSparkBiz Technologies have created this blog with all the consideration and utmost care. We always strive for excellence in each of our blog posts and for that purpose, we ensure that all the information written in the blog is complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date. However, we can’t always guarantee that the information written in the blog correct, accurate or up-to-date. Therefore, we always advise our valuable readers not to take any kind of decisions based on the information as well as the views shared by our authors. The readers should always conduct an in-depth research before making the final decision. In addition to these, all the logos, 3rd part trademarks and screenshots of websites & mobile apps are the property of the individual owners. We’re not associated with any of them.
You may also like:
- Few To-Dos While Estimating for Your Mobile App Development
- Top 8 Features of Mobile Application to Enhance Brand Credibility
- Agile Methodology-Driven Development Is The New Catch For Mobile App Development
- 10 Plugins That Leverage The Power Of AI & Machine Learning
- How Mobile App Differs From Mobile Website? Let The Best One Win