“We are entering a new world. The technologies of machine learning, speech recognition, and natural language understanding are reaching a nexus of capability. The end result is that we’ll soon have artificially intelligent assistants to help us in every aspect of our lives.”
Let me tell you some really interesting things about Voice Assistant and AI. Well if you think that you are a tech-geek then hold on to your imagination, because first of all, I would like to ask you the most significant question. Do you have any idea how Voice Assistant evolved with the time? Or I would say Do you know the History of Voice Assistant & AI?
Therefore what we have for you in this write-up:
- History of Voice Assistant & AI
- Latest Technologies and Market Trends
Let us dive into the details one by one.
History of Voice Assistant & AI:
Image Source: https://www.theoneoff.com/journal/the-rise-of-vui/
In recent times, Voice assistant got the major platform after Apple integrated the most astonishing Virtual Assistant – Siri which is officially a part of Apple Inc. But the timeline of greatest evolution began with the year 1962 event at the Seattle World Fair where IBM displayed a unique apparatus called Shoebox. It was the actual size of a shoebox and could perform scientific functions and can perceive 16 words and also speak them in the human recognizable voice with 0 to 9 numerical digits.
During the period of the 1970s, researchers at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania — with the considerable help of the U.S Department of Defence and its Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) — made Harpy. It could understand almost 1,000 words, which is approximately the vocabulary of a three-year-old child.
Big organizations like Apple and IBM sooner in the 90s started to make things that utilized voice acknowledgment. In 1993, Macintosh started building speech recognition with its Macintosh PCs with PlainTalk.
In April 1997, Dragon NaturallySpeaking was the first constant dictation product which could comprehend around 100 words and transform it into readable content.
Latest Technologies & Market Trends:
Image Source: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2018/03/01/voice-assistants
- The market is currently having various Voice assistant trends, with fluctuating degrees of viability, complex nature, unique gadgets, and frameworks.
- These days we use voice-activated homes, with brilliant lights, fridges, and other Artificial Intelligence activated devices. Other than the home, now you can also start a conversation with the Google in your vehicle, or in the workplace by simply requesting to Amazon Alexa to call the specific person.
- Voice-based Search is tremendously increasing in trend, particularly in the young generation, and tech organizations are competing to make the “best” voice recognition based search engines.
- Brands, for example, Amazon, Google, & Facebook are moving to Voice Assistant technology which is basically dependent on Artificial Intelligence.
- Voice recognition devices are advancing quickly in enterprises of various divisions, like; healthcare, banking, and food delivery industry, as organizations are constantly working hard in evolving with the change in technology.
- Early 2018 saw commendable growth in Artificial Intelligence app development and machine learning for daily use. What are the benefits from Voice Assistant and A.I technology in 2018? Well, Here are the 7 key predictions that will emerge with great results by the end of the year 2018.
1) Noteworthy Invention of voice applications:
Image Source: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/amazon-echo-vs-google-home/
- Creating Voice assistant application is the greater aspect of building a strong bridge between voice assistant devices and the user. There is no meaning in developing mobile phones if there is no A.I application installed in the operating system of the smartphones.
- Even so, since there is no visual interface with a voice assistant it is bit challenging — except if you link it through the Alexa or Google Assistant mobile application, it will make searching as an entirely different concept for the upcoming generation.
- At the point when application development is constantly evolving since many years and also creating rigid competition in the market for mobile voice and A.I assistant, promoters were eager to pay to gain higher downloads by means of web crawlers like Google and other social media platforms.
- Furthermore, Google and Apple launched pay-for-play options in their application stores. Additionally, I believe voice recognition mechanism will react to this challenge and present major highlights, for example, paid placements as a path for designers and developers to expand their permeability.
- According to the last count, there are almost more than 50,000 skills integrated into Alexa, from which you can search by category types, such as Smart Home, Food and Drink or Lifestyle.
2)Integrating the innovation into your Smart Home:
Image Source: http://electronicsiot.com/smart-city/how-amazon-google-and-others-are-investing-in-ai-and-digital-assistants-for-smart-homes/
- To truly get a better experience of Voice Assistant and A.I in your private home, you should invest a good amount of money to enhance all the innovation & technology in the home, including lights, music, and smart technology TVs.
- By the end of the year 2018, you will notice great changes that IoT and smart home penetration is relied upon to exponentially increment within the coming years.
- Similar reports also predict that the smart home is specifically moving gradually with the increasing speed due to various elements and factors. The major component in increasing is cost.
- Numerous companies are beginning to look into the true value of the communication and connectivity it can bring, and also how the liquid money and assets to put resources into these ventures on a huge scale.
3) User Voice Recognition with separate identity:
- Since last few months, these giant companies are trying hard to enhance Voice assistant with the development of recognizing individual human voice within the desired group.
- A year ago, Google reported that their Assistant on Google Home can handle up to six client accounts and identify exceptional different voices, which permits Google Home clients to alter numerous highlights.
- Users can ask anything they want, like; “How’s the weather today?” or “Can you wake me up after 8 hours?” and even “Acknowledge me about my daily routine?” and the voice assistant will direct handle all the commands efficiently, with the internet data that is customized for every client.
- It likewise consists of features and highlights, for example, names, work locations, payment data, and connected accounts, for example, Google Play, Spotify, and Netflix.
4) Development of Smart Speakers:
Image Source: https://internetofbusiness.com/smart-speaker-market-2-5-times-bigger-than-2017-says-report/
- Almost four years before, a standout amongst the most famous smart home procurement appeared to recommend that smart home selection would have been driven by the thermostat.
- Beginning with Amazon’s new arrival of the Alexa empowered Echo, smart speakers with inbuilt voice recognition abilities have been flooding the market.
- Google has announced a line of voice recognizable speakers. Apple declared the HomePod, that will utilize Siri as the voice assistant. At CES this year, we are expecting to see loads of participants and comparators to this quickly developing business sector.
- One of the huge components in letting this development is the easy and convenient voice interface. It is simple for users to command “Play Song Name,” rather than opening an application and looking through a playlist.
- As a result of this usability, users are purchasing this item. Normally, when shoppers have at least one smart item in the home and have a decent involvement with it, they are more open to investigating others smart products.
5) Voice Notification:
- Voice notifications pop-ups, similar to the alerts that tell you to take action on a Facebook post or getting the status of flight (On time or delayed) growing from the marketing scene, and notifications pioneers Urban Airship and Braze helped mobile application engineers to maintain the dedicated commitment.
- Just like, Mobile notification messages have turned into an accepted standard feature in the core cloud marketing from Adobe, Oracle, and Salesforce, in the similar way voice notifications will evolve.
- When companies launch a voice application, there’s hardly any chance that there will be an active user seven days later. In this manner, developers should proactively “nudge” clients without hesitation, rather than trusting them to use the application.
- Amazon Alexa has just added a “voice notifications”. It’s amazing that how we can see mobile application notifications being converted into voice notifications.
- Each competitor in the mobile application notification space by the end of 2018 from Urban Airship and Braze to Oracle, Salesforce, and Adobe — will offer voice notifications by email, mobile push, and SMS.
- For almost 5 years when mobile applications targeted the mass users of the world in the same way now, brands are utilizing their company’s resources to enhance the Voice Assistants app development in 2018.
Image Source: https://betanews.com/2017/04/17/twistlock-container-security/
- In the year 2018, Developers of Voice assistance and A.I will improve its level of security and threat from any malware attacks. Also, it will enable robust secured frameworks which will certainly help in making voice payment transactions very efficiently and comparatively much easier method for any user to pay their bills.
- Speaker check and ID will end up vital as a component of the voice assistant involvement with greater security being worked around the user.
- There is very less awareness about the utilization of smart gadgets in our daily life. Thus, Users need to be familiarized for the security of our own data and information. It significantly very prior to keep our information safe.
- Privacy and security of voice assistance and A.I needs to be concentrated, as sooner it’s going to enter the house of the millions user. Voice command and payment specifically will turn out to be more secure and beneficial for users.
7) Change in Consumer Behaviour with the help of Voice Search:
Image Source: https://outshinesolutions.com/blog/voice-search-changing-search-behaviors.html
- Recent statistics and forecasts demonstrate an amazing rate of development and search share coming from voice, with Google search that 20% of its mobile queries utilize voice search and both Chinese contender Baidu and comScore anticipating that half of all ventures will utilize voice search by 2020.
- The main intuition, as an advertiser, is to make the inquiry of monetization opportunities; however brands, and the stage proprietors (aside from Amazon’s Alexa, for clear reasons), need to see how and why it is being utilized by customers and the difficulties that encompass the innovation as a rule.
- For organizations to get benefits of ‘voice’ they have to know that, at this moment, it’s a specialty and complex chance. Normally, there are constantly incredible PR wins by ‘being the first’ to attempt new things, from Domino’s building an ‘expertise’ for Alexa to arrange pizza, to Burger King’s saucy commandeering of the Google Home speakers by means of a TV ad promotion they circulated in the US.
- Indeed, even with the possibility of things like Google Analytics for voice search inquiries that should reveal some insight into the kinds of things users are asking, As virtual assistants, through machine learning, start to comprehend feeling and state of mind through manner of speaking / voice and user behavioral standards, proposals, suggestions, and references will be less grounded to express purpose by the user.
- It is not necessarily the case that users will surrender the research procedure when settling on specific decisions, or that virtual assistants won’t have the capacity to imagine suggestions in light of voice directions, however, consumer behavior will change.
- What’s most critical is to welcome the interruption of voice search will have and that, as virtual assistants get more brilliant, the exponential development in utilization will proceed, regardless of whether the majority of the tech giants at present don’t have a fitting marketable strategy for them.
Conclusion: Future of the Voice Assistant and A.I
Voice Search has now become a definitive mobile experience. An absence of knowledge and learning makes it especially tough for organizations to get a strategy on voice search. There is a ton of chance for a lot further and significantly more conversational experiences with users for AI in mobile app development.
A great many people are searching for an answer to make multitasking various tasks more successful, making speech-to-text the ideal feature. The utilization of voice over content is likewise alluring to the individuals who don’t want to use typing. With a mistake rate of just 8%, voice search will change the manner in which individuals search over the internet.
Disclaimer: We at eSparkBiz Technologies have created this blog with all the consideration and utmost care. We always strive for excellence in each of our blog posts and for that purpose, we ensure that all the information written in the blog is complete, correct, comprehensible, accurate and up-to-date. However, we can’t always guarantee that the information written in the blog correct, accurate or up-to-date. Therefore, we always advise our valuable readers not to take any kind of decisions based on the information as well as the views shared by our authors. The readers should always conduct an in-depth research before making the final decision. In addition to these, all the logos, 3rd part trademarks and screenshots of websites & mobile apps are the property of the individual owners. We’re not associated with any of them.
You may also like:
- Agile Methodology-Driven development is the new catch for Mobile App Development
- App Subscription Business Model- A new way to maintain apps sustainability
- Enterprise application & development-The biggest flops & Disappointments in 2018
- Few To-Dos While Estimating for Your Mobile App Development
- Flutter vs. react native- which mobile development framework to choose & why?